These scones are inspired by a certain French bakery I used to work at. We baked bacon cheddar onion scones off daily and they were alway one of my favourites. This low-carb version is so close to the original, it’s hard to believe they are healthy! Anyways..I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Low-Carb Bacon Cheddar Onion Scones
Serves: 4-6 small scones
- 1/2 cup(56g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup(28g) almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp(45g) cold grated butter
- ~1/4 cup(50g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(60g) full fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp(30g) or 1 beaten egg white
- 2 slices crisp, cooked bacon
1. Pre-heat oven to 400*F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment and spray/grease the parchment with oil.
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Grate in the butter, cheese and then add the rest of the wet ingredients.
5. Stir to combine and then add in the bacon as well.
6. Use your hands to form the somewhat crumbly mixture into a ball.
7. Place the ball on the lined baking sheet and flatten to just over an inch or so thick.
8. Brush the dough with heavy cream(optional, helps browning) and then slice into 4-6 small pieces.
9. Separate the pieces slightly and bake for 20-25min or until the scones are browned to your liking.
10. Serve hot or freeze in an airtight container for a later occasion. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts(per 1/6 of recipe): 17f/2.7c(NET)/6.5p & 4g fibre