Keto Butter Tarts is one recipe I’ve had planned for AGES but I’ve just finally got around to making it!
I’m so glad I did! Butter Tarts are a classic.
They’ve always been my Dad’s favourite but for some reason I never really loved them as a kid..
That all changed when I tried one a couple years ago. I hadn’t realized how AMAZING these things taste when find the right one. Some buttertarts are gooier than others, some have a tougher center with more filling and then there are some that have a thick crust, some that have a thinner, lighter crust…etc.
Butter tarts are very versatile is what I’m trying to say.
That’s why I thought, why not have keto butter tarts ?
The filling doesn’t have to change much and the crust shouldn’t be to hard to re-create….
and thus, these beautiful butter tarts were born.
These make the perfect after-dinner treat and are the ultimate cure to any sweet tooth cravings.. Continue reading “Keto Butter Tarts”
Oh man guys, I have been waiting so long to tell you about these cookies and OFFICIALLY release them for sale at kickkookies.com ! I honestly am having a hard time containing my excitement right now.
It’s been rough considering I’m someone who cannot wait to blab about their next big thing, haha.
These cookies are my baby, my pride and joy, the holy grail of MouthwateringMotivation.
They are not your average keto cookie. They are soft, chewy, moist and NOT crumbly OR dry at all. I went through 3 different sweeteners to find one that you guys would approve of and I thought tasted best! I also tested different baking times and altered a few ingredients to ultimately end up with the perfect soft cookie texture.
These cookies are designed to be your best friend on keto. They are only 1.5 NET carbs per servings and <1g of sugar! They are are also packed with protein and fibre.
If you guys have tried my recipes before, you know I do things next-level here. My keto baked goods are typically very close to the original carb-filled version because I believe if there’s a will there’s a way! Keto desserts CAN taste amazing! And that’s exactly why I created these cookies.
I want to share my *slight obsession with the world.
So without further ado, please meet the crew:
We’ve got… Continue reading “PRODUCT RELEASE – KICK KOOKIES | KETO COOKIES”
It’s that time of year..the end of October means bye Halloween, bye fall, bye pumpkin spice…and HELLO CHRISTMAS COOKIES, SNOWMEN, ELVES AND HOT CHOCOLATE.
But with that said, I thought I’d wave one last goodbye to our lovely pumpkin spice season (this is not at all because I had an extra can of pumpkin puree I needed to use up..) So without further ado, here is our last official pumpkin recipe of the 2018 year. I hope you enjoy! Continue reading “Keto Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffins”
Super easy to put together, only takes a minute to bake and can be defined as the ultimate keto comfort food. Who doesn’t love a good chocolate-chip cookie?!
Continue reading “Microwave Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie”
LOW CARB PIZZA
I literally cannot express how EXCITED I am to share this low-carb pizza.
I have spent hours, days, weeks, months..TRYING to come up with the perfect versatile low-carb dough recipe.
I have wasted countless bags of almond flour, coconut flour, yeast packets, olive oil…you name it.
But today, knowing it was all worth it, I have ZERO regrets.
Continue reading “THE GREATEST LOW CARB PIZZA OF ALL-TIME-Yeast Risen”
These scones are inspired by a certain French bakery I used to work at. We baked bacon cheddar onion scones off daily and they were alway one of my favourites. This low-carb version is so close to the original, it’s hard to believe they are healthy! Anyways..I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Continue reading “Low-Carb Cheddar Bacon Onion Scones(Gluten-Free)”
This pudding is packed with protein, fibre and loaded with nutrients. 1 serving will keep you full for hours. It’s silky smooth and fantastic topped with berries and shredded coconut or whatever else your heart desires. You never have to feel guilty about eating pudding again!
Continue reading “THE BEST & EASIEST Low-Carb Chocolate Pudding”
Sweet, Buttery and bursting with cinnamon flavour..what more could you want in a cookie?
Continue reading “Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle Cookies(Keto Option)”
I had this burger the other night at the strangest place…the movie theatre! YUP. I ate a delicious burger while watching the newest 50 Shades release. We were in the VIP section where they take your order, have heated seats and chairs that are basically lazy-boys. I don’t think I can ever go back to regular movie theatres guys..
BUT that’s beside the point. This burger was delicious! It had goat cheese, avocado and a bruschetta topping. The kitchen staff were wonderful in accommodating my bun-less request and the burger came out looking beautiful!
After eating it, I was positive I would have to re-make it at home considering how delicious it was and it really is a nice light alternative from eating foods heavy in cream and cheese.
This post is less like a burger recipe and more like a topping recipe, lol. But it was so good I had to share. I bought the burgers frozen (I used these) but you can make your own fresh, maybe even use some greek spices and stuff them with goat cheese…hmmm future recipe idea I think!
Anyways, here’s how to put together this delicious burger:
-Beef Burger Patty (Homemade, store-bought, your choice!)
-1-1 1/2oz thick slice of fresh goat cheese
-1/2 a small avocado(about 40-50g) sliced thinly
- 1/2 a roma tomato chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp(7-10g) grated fresh parmesan
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Optional: Green or red onion
- Mix all bruschetta ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 1/2 an hour to blend flavours.
- Cook burger to your desired liking.
- Place small pieces of romaine on a place to create a bed for the burger.
- Immediately top the burger with the goat cheese, avocado slices and then the bruschetta.
- Consume with a fork and knife. Simple as that!
Nutrition for the toppings (add to whichever burger you choose to use): 18F/3C(NET)/9P & 4g fibre
Okay guys, let me be honest..I know ZERO about Starbucks. I went in yesterday and asked for a medium coffee and had to ask the cashier which size that was in the proper “Starbucks terms”. (Sad I know)
BUT there is one thing I do know about Starbucks and that’s that they offer wonderful sous vide egg bites as a new low-carb breakfast option! I had seen them all over Instagram so given the chance and me being someone who eats under 50 NET carbs a day, I was excited to try them at 9g of carbs per serving (2 egg bites).
I chose the bacon and gruyere option and they were delicious! From that moment I KNEW I’d be re-creating them at home. Thus, this recipe was born.
I read the ingredients in the original egg bites and estimated some amounts, then altered them slightly to fit what I had in my kitchen.
I’m also an extremely lazy, I-need-food-now kind of person so I wasn’t planning on doing any sous vide-ing of eggs. But I still wanted that soft velvety texture. Thus, I chose to use a simple water bath as that was pretty easy to put together. I then decided to microwave the eggs because who says you need any special equipment to make a delicious breakfast?
AND, GUESS WHAT? It worked! Granted they are slightly different than the Starbucks egg bites, but they are definitely delicious in their own way and look super cute on the breakfast table(because obviously that’s a quality you look for in food..lol).
Pair it with a cup of bullet-proof coffee with homemade whip cream and you have a Starbuck’s breakfast fit for any basic keto-er.
Here’s how to make them:
Serves 1 (2 egg bites):
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup(63g) 2% cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp(15g) cheddar cheese
- 1/2 slice(10g) provolone**
- 1 tsp(5g) butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1-2 slices bacon
- 1/2 slice provolone
**Or sub all cheese with Gruyere or any cheeses you’d like! This is just what I had on hand.
- Find a loaf pan or dish that will fit 2 small ramekins or cups. Set them inside the dish.
- Grease the ramekins with oil.
- Blend all base ingredients in a food processor until smooth (it’s fine if there are small flecks of cheese).
- Cook a slice of bacon until crispy, drain on paper towel, set aside.
- Pour the egg mixture through a fine colander or sieve into each greased ramekin, evenly distributing the mixture. (If there is left over cheese bits after, just scoop them evenly into each ramekin as well, the sieve just helps remove any air bubbles).
- Optional: Break the bacon slice in half, reserve the other half and sprinkle small bits of it into each ramekin over the egg mixture.
- Boil a cup of water and pour it into the dish surrounding the ramekins and cover the entire thing with saran wrap.
- Microwave for 4mins 30s, let it sit in the microwave for 2 mins afterwards, with the door shut to finish setting. (Microwaves can vary so add more or less time depending on how cooked you’d like your eggs. Mine were quite soft and smooth after this amount of time).
- Remove from the microwave and using tongs or mitts, remove the ramekins from the water bath and let cool for a few minutes before using a knife to gently remove the egg bites from the ramekin, turning them upside-down onto a plate.
- Top each egg bite with a bit of cheese (I used provolone) and a small piece of bacon.
Nutrition for 2 egg bites w/o topping: 22.6F/3C/25P (315cals)
Nutrition for 2 egg bites w/ topping: 34F/3C/31P (442cals)