Keto Butter Tarts is one recipe I’ve had planned for AGES but I’ve just finally got around to making it!
I’m so glad I did! Butter Tarts are a classic.
They’ve always been my Dad’s favourite but for some reason I never really loved them as a kid..
That all changed when I tried one a couple years ago. I hadn’t realized how AMAZING these things taste when find the right one. Some buttertarts are gooier than others, some have a tougher center with more filling and then there are some that have a thick crust, some that have a thinner, lighter crust…etc.
Butter tarts are very versatile is what I’m trying to say.
That’s why I thought, why not have keto butter tarts ?
The filling doesn’t have to change much and the crust shouldn’t be to hard to re-create….
and thus, these beautiful butter tarts were born.
These make the perfect after-dinner treat and are the ultimate cure to any sweet tooth cravings.. Continue reading “Keto Butter Tarts”
Oh man guys, I have been waiting so long to tell you about these cookies and OFFICIALLY release them for sale at kickkookies.com ! I honestly am having a hard time containing my excitement right now.
It’s been rough considering I’m someone who cannot wait to blab about their next big thing, haha.
These cookies are my baby, my pride and joy, the holy grail of MouthwateringMotivation.
They are not your average keto cookie. They are soft, chewy, moist and NOT crumbly OR dry at all. I went through 3 different sweeteners to find one that you guys would approve of and I thought tasted best! I also tested different baking times and altered a few ingredients to ultimately end up with the perfect soft cookie texture.
These cookies are designed to be your best friend on keto. They are only 1.5 NET carbs per servings and <1g of sugar! They are are also packed with protein and fibre.
If you guys have tried my recipes before, you know I do things next-level here. My keto baked goods are typically very close to the original carb-filled version because I believe if there’s a will there’s a way! Keto desserts CAN taste amazing! And that’s exactly why I created these cookies.
I want to share my *slight obsession with the world.
So without further ado, please meet the crew:
We’ve got… Continue reading “PRODUCT RELEASE – KICK KOOKIES | KETO COOKIES”
This keto lava cake is everything and anything you’ve been dreaming of. It’s rich, chocolatey, dense, moist.. It’s also extremely filling as it’s packed with a healthy dose of protein and fat. This is one chocolate cake you can eat for breakfast and/or lunch and not feel guilty about.. Continue reading “The BEST Keto Lava Cake..For One”
KETO NANAIMO CHEESECAKE SQUARES
I’m so happy to share these with you guys! They turned out so much better than I expected!
I always had the idea in the back of my mind to create a cheesecake of some sort with the crust and topping of a Nanaimo bar but never got around to it…that is, until I realized I had a bar of cream cheese I really needed to use up!
I am SO GLAD I decided to finally go for it. These are delicious and look awesome when cut into small squares. The filling is slightly different than a standard cheesecake because we use a bit of heavy cream and xanthan gum to give it a Nanaimo bar custard-like texture.
These are honestly so tasty I had to stop myself at 3 pieces..as I’m sure I could have continued. Anyways, I hope you enjoy these keto nanaimo cheesecake squares as much as I did!! Continue reading “Keto Nanaimo Cheesecake Squares”
If you are looking for a perfect after-dinner holiday treat to curb your sweet tooth then look no further.
This is not your ordinary keto peppermint bark.
This low-carb version combines coconut oil and cream cheese for a deliciously creamy white layer, while the chocolate layer is made using a technique similar to how you’d make low-carb sweetened condensed milk to create a silky, rich chocolate swirl.
Plus the pecans and coconut or whatever else you throw on top is just bonus. 😉
This is one treat even your non-keto family members will be asking for again and again. Continue reading “Keto Peppermint Bark (Keto Christmas “Crack”)”
KETO CANDY CANE SHORTBREAD COOKIES
I feel like these keto candy cane shortbread cookies don’t need much explanation. If you’ve ever seen a tray of Christmas cookies..at least in my family, these are usually ALWAY in the mix.
I love the look and taste of these cute cookies. These are honestly probably the BEST keto shortbread cookies I’ve made to date (and let me tell you, I’ve made a lot). They are a little more tedious to put together but they are so worth the effort! (Although, if you are feeling lazy, these also make a great shortbread base to standard cookies as well!) Continue reading “Keto Candy Cane Shortbread Cookies”
Perfect Keto Shortbread Cookies
Here we go again with another Christmas cookie recipe!
Perfect Keto Shortbread Cookies!
This time it’s starting to feel more appropriate, considering today we received our first snowfall of the year! It’s still only early November but I’m already ready to bring out the hot chocolate and start listening to some Michael Buble and Mariah Carey, haha. Continue reading “Perfect Keto Shortbread Cookies”
Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year for several reasons…
- I get to dress up and use my creative skills to create make-up looks I’d NEVER wear normally.
- I get to bake all sorts of fun and cool looking desserts..
- I get to hand out candy (I love seeing all the kids in their costumes!) and…
- It’s always right around my birthday!
So with that in mind, I was inspired to create the PERFECT cake for those people who have October birthdays or for those just looking to bring something delicious and keto-friendly to their next Halloween get-together! Did I mention it’s also super easy to put together and tastes like fudgey-chocolatey-cheesecake happiness? If you don’t believe me..give it shot for yourself!
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp truvia (or 2 tbsp splenda or swerve)
- 3 tbsp splenda or swerve (or more to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/8th tsp vanilla extract
- Orange food colouring as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients for the brownie layer.
- Add your eggs, coconut oil and vanilla and mix until well combined. Fold in your chocolate-chips if using, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the ingredients for the cream cheese layer. Add your food colouring as desired and beat again.
- Grease a cake pan with butter or coconut oil and then use a spatula to scrape the brownie mixture into the pan, reserving a few tablespoons of the brownie mixture for topping.
- Use your spatula to smooth the brownie batter into place and then pour your cream cheese mixture on top.
- Gently smooth your cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Next drop spoonfuls of the brownie batter on top and swirl into the cream cheese batter(this doesn’t have to be perfect!)
- Bake at 350* for roughly 25min or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top layer forms small cracks/is set.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5-10min and then place in the fridge for AT LEAST an hour before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy!! (Store covered in the fridge)
Nutrition per 1/8th of cake: 320cals| 30g of fat | 1.4g of NET carbs | 8g of protein | 3.4g of fibre
(You could easily cut this into smaller slices for half the calories, it is very filling!)
These baked donuts were fantastic! They are super soft and moist with a sweet, light pumpkin flavour. A perfect fall breakfast treat.
Continue reading “Keto Chocolate Pumpkin Donuts”