Let me begin by saying.. I never planned on posting this recipe. I have made it for ages and it is a staple in my house..but the problem is that I’ve altered the ingredients and amounts SO many times trying to find the perfect ratio that now my ingredient list seems quite whacky with some random odd-number amounts.
I had thought it might confuse people if I posted it but honestly after eating it again today..I feel like I should not keep this recipe from the world any longer.
Even if the recipe seems odd, just follow it to a T and you will thank me.
This pancake is not really like a pancake..honestly it’s more like a huge flat slice of chocolate cake with chocolate sauce on top. It feels too decadent and rich to even be considered remotely healthy.
It’s loaded with fibre, protein and healthy fats that will keep you full for HOURS.
This pancake is the be-all and end-all of keto breakfast guys.
So without further ado, here is the slightly strange but perfect recipe I call:
The Ultimate Jumbo Low-Carb Chocolate Protein Pancake
-1 scoop(33g) cellucor molten chocolate whey
-16g(2 tbsp) cocoa powder
-1 tsp(5g)vitafiber powder or vitafiber syrup (helps A LOT with texture but could potentially be replaced with a little more xanthan gum and 2 tsp of almond flour)
-12g truvia sweetener
-1-2 tbsp splenda (to taste)
-1/8 tsp salt
-1/8 tsp xanthan gum
-1/8 tsp cornstarch (can leave out if you’d like, it’s a very minimal amount and just helps with texture once again)
-1/8 tsp baking powder
-3 tbsp +2 tsp (54g) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-2 tbsp +2 tsp(40g) pasteurized egg whites
-2 tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp(37g) sour cream or greek yogurt
-2 tbsp(30g) mashed ripe avocado
-1/2 tbsp(7g) coconut oil
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tbsp(7g) Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips(I use Krisda)
-2 tsp(10g) melted butter
- Heat a medium-large frying pan sprayed or greased with coconut oil over very low heat. (1-2)
- Combine all dry ingredients, then stir in wet until very well combined. (Add additional sweetener as needed, to taste)
- Using a spatula, spread 3/4 of the batter evenly over the bottom of the frying pan. Reserve 3tbsp-1/4 of the batter for topping.
- Turn the heat up to medium and cover the pancake with a lid.
- Cook JUST until the pancake is starting to set but the top is still lightly wet (about 2-3min) (you do not want to over-cook it, it will cook more outside the pan) Do not flip the pancake.
- Sprinkle the pancake with the chocolate-chips and pour the butter on top. (Pro Tip: I usually save a tiny bit of the butter and an extra pinch of truvia to mix with the left over batter as well).
- Let the chocolate chips melt just slightly before removing the pancake from the pan.
- Top your pancake with your left-over batter mixture.
- Swirl a knife around to really mix up all of the melty goodness on top of the pancake and ENJOY.
Nutrition: 26F/7C(NET)/35P & 13g fibre
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, if you choose to click one I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you!