WINTER IS COMING.
I repeat. WINTER IS COMING.
Prepare yourself for the endless ELF memes, slow overly cautious drivers, overwhelming pressure of gift shopping and constant Christmas recipe bombardment.
Of course I'm jumping on the trend early so be prepared to be annoyed with multiple holiday and winter-related recipes.
This little recipe is something I whipped up real-quick as I was having a major sugar-cookie craving.
Actually scratch-that, I was having a sugar craving..let's not sugar coat it (LOL I'm sorry I'm literally the lamest human being).
Anywho, my other “ball” and “bite” recipes have been taken really well by you guys. It seems you all like to put about as much effort into baking as I do (aka, we all just out here being lazy).
This recipe is perfect for you lazy folks who need food NOW.
No-baking required, just throw together, toss in the freezer for a bit and you're good to go. Snacks for the week!
(Or 1 day, I mean let's be honest if you're a woman and you experience the deadly shark week, these things aren't lasting more than 5 minutes and if someone attempts to steal one you're probably going to have to eat them too).
But enough rambling!
I know you guys hate the long blog intros but a girl's gotta make a living and I've got to be able to write enough that our awesome friend's over at mediavine can toss in some ad placements!
These little balls are soft, chewy, have a beautiful “white chocolate” coating and a sugary-sweet dough center.
I'm sure your friends would much appreciate you throwing one of these at them rather than an actual snowball this winter. (You're welcome for the pro-tip).
**UPDATE, IT JUST SNOWED FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR WHILE I FINISH WRITING THIS RECIPE…IT WAS MEANT TO BE!**
AND HERE IS THE ACTUAL RECIPE YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR:
Keto Snowball Bites (White-Chocolate, Sugar Cookie Center)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (84g)
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract (more or less to taste)
- 3 – 3 1/2 tbsp monk fruit/erythritol blend (again more or less to taste, use whatever sweetener you'd like, this is just my favourite!)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour* (IF NEEDED)
- optional mix-ins: shredded coconut, chopped almonds or pecans
- 2 1/2 tbsp cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp monkfruit/ erythritol blend (again more or less to taste, use whatever sweetener you'd like, this is just my favourite!)
1. Mix together the butter, almond flour, salt, sweetener and extracts in a bowl until a soft dough forms. *You can add 1 tbsp of coconut flour if you find it's too soft but usually I'll just refrigerate the mixture for a few minutes.
2. Roll dough into 10 small balls and place on a plate lined with piece of parchment paper. Place in the freezer.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add all of your white-chocolate coating ingredients and use a hand mixer to blend until smooth. (It's okay if there are some lumps as it just adds texture to the snow balls!) *But do make sure your ingredients are all room temperature and your coconut oil is not a hard solid piece for this to work best.
4. Remove your frozen centres after about 15min and roll each one using your hand or a spoon in the white chocolate topping until loosely covered (again we want it to have some texture so it doesn't have to be perfect). Then place back on the parchment lined plate. Repeat for all the snowballs and freeze for roughly 15min again before placing in a festive bowl and consuming! (Although if you are patient, they do taste nice the next day after freezing!) Enjoy!
*Store in a plastic bag or airtight container in the freezer or fridge!
Nutrition Facts per 1/10 of recipe: 123 calories | 12.5g fat | 1 NET carb | 2g protein & 1g of fibre
Disclaimer: This post contains some affiliate links.
Friday 27th of January 2023
I tend to store such treats in a Ziploc bag inside an airtight container. Years of "practice" (I'm 70, have been cooking and baking since I was 8 y.o., so LOTS of practice!) in having ruined things in the freezer by not protecting them sufficiently...and these sound too good to waste! I'm looking forward to making a batch this afternoon 😊.
21 Quick and Easy Keto No Bake Cookie Recipes for Weight Loss - Bliss Degree
Tuesday 14th of July 2020
[…] Full recipe here […]
Saturday 21st of December 2019
You didn't mention almond flour in the ingredients. How much do I add?
Keto Christmas Chocolates | Mouthwatering Motivation
Sunday 15th of December 2019
[…] are similar to some of my other no-bake ball recipes including the Keto No-Bake Snowball Bites (“White-Chocolate” Sugar Cookies) and my No-Bake Almond Joy Cheesecake […]
No-Bake Almond Joy Cheesecake Truffles (Keto) | Mouthwatering Motivation
Monday 11th of November 2019
[…] Keto No-Bake Snowball Bites (“White-Chocolate” Sugar Cookies) […]