I’m so happy to share these with you guys! They turned out so much better than I expected! I always had the idea in the back of my mind to create a cheesecake of some sort with the crust and topping of a Nanaimo bar but never got around to it…that is, until I realized I had a bar of cream cheese I really needed to use up! I am SO GLAD I decided to finally go for it. These are delicious and look awesome when cut into small squares. The filling is slightly different than a standard cheesecake because we use a bit of heavy cream and xanthan gum to give it a Nanaimo bar custard-like texture.
These are honestly so tasty I had to stop myself at 3 pieces..as I’m sure I could have continued. Anyways, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!! Continue reading “Keto Nanaimo Cheesecake Squares”
If you are looking for a perfect after-dinner holiday treat to curb your sweet tooth then look no further. This is not your ordinary peppermint bark. This low-carb version combines coconut oil and cream cheese for a deliciously creamy white layer, while the chocolate layer is made using a technique similar to how you’d make low-carb sweetened condensed milk to create a silky, rich chocolate swirl. Plus the pecans and coconut or whatever else you throw on top is just bonus. 😉 This is one treat even your non-keto family members will be asking for again and again. Continue reading “Crack Keto Peppermint Melt Away Bark”
It’s that time of year..the end of October means bye Halloween, bye fall, bye pumpkin spice…and HELLO CHRISTMAS COOKIES, SNOWMEN, ELVES AND HOT CHOCOLATE.
But with that said, I thought I’d wave one last goodbye to our lovely pumpkin spice season (this is not at all because I had an extra can of pumpkin puree I needed to use up..) So without further ado, here is our last official pumpkin recipe of the 2018 year. I hope you enjoy! Continue reading “Keto Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffins”
Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year for several reasons…
- I get to dress up and use my creative skills to create make-up looks I’d NEVER wear normally.
- I get to bake all sorts of fun and cool looking desserts..
- I get to hand out candy (I love seeing all the kids in their costumes!) and…
- It’s always right around my birthday!
So with that in mind, I was inspired to create the PERFECT cake for those people who have October birthdays or for those just looking to bring something delicious and keto-friendly to their next Halloween get-together! Did I mention it’s also super easy to put together and tastes like fudgey-chocolatey-cheesecake happiness? If you don’t believe me..give it shot for yourself!
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp truvia (or 2 tbsp splenda or swerve)
- 3 tbsp splenda or swerve (or more to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/8th tsp vanilla extract
- Orange food colouring as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients for the brownie layer.
- Add your eggs, coconut oil and vanilla and mix until well combined. Fold in your chocolate-chips if using, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the ingredients for the cream cheese layer. Add your food colouring as desired and beat again.
- Grease a cake pan with butter or coconut oil and then use a spatula to scrape the brownie mixture into the pan, reserving a few tablespoons of the brownie mixture for topping.
- Use your spatula to smooth the brownie batter into place and then pour your cream cheese mixture on top.
- Gently smooth your cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Next drop spoonfuls of the brownie batter on top and swirl into the cream cheese batter(this doesn’t have to be perfect!)
- Bake at 350* for roughly 25min or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top layer forms small cracks/is set.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5-10min and then place in the fridge for AT LEAST an hour before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy!! (Store covered in the fridge)
Nutrition per 1/8th of cake: 320cals| 30g of fat | 1.4g of NET carbs | 8g of protein | 3.4g of fibre
(You could easily cut this into smaller slices for half the calories, it is very filling!)
These baked donuts were fantastic! They are super soft and moist with a sweet, light pumpkin flavour. A perfect fall breakfast treat.
Continue reading “Keto Chocolate Pumpkin Donuts”
I cannot put into words how obsessed I am with this recipe. This is hands-down the BEST KETO MEAL I have ever, EVER, prepared myself. Heck, maybe even the best MEAL I’ve ever prepared myself. I’d eat this over any typical high-carb pasta dish anyday. If you make anything on my blog, let it be this.
Continue reading “KETO BEEF STROGANOFF WITH NOODLES!”
GUYS. WHERE DO I BEGIN. These are heavenly. Dense, fudgey, rich..exactly how a brownie should be. I took these to a product demo and the comments included “These are amazing!!” “Are you sure there’s no sugar in these..like you are SURE?!” “Where can I buy them?”, “WOW”, “This is healthy?”…”Um..do you have any left?”
The whole tray was gone within just over an hour. I even had kids enjoying them just as much!
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites (and that’s saying a lot considering my website contains 100’s of recipes).
So, without further ado, this is how you make the most amazing keto-friendly two-bite fat bomb brownies:
Continue reading “TWO-BITE FAT-BOMB BROWNIES”
These scones are inspired by a certain French bakery I used to work at. We baked bacon cheddar onion scones off daily and they were alway one of my favourites. This low-carb version is so close to the original, it’s hard to believe they are healthy! Anyways..I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Continue reading “Low-Carb Cheddar Bacon Onion Scones(Gluten-Free)”
Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins: Serves 12
Delicious, sweet and soft, these muffins are super simple to make and are a perfect “healthier” dessert option!
Continue reading “EASY Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins (Low-Carb Option!)”