This stir-fry is a classic in our family! We've made it for years. For our non-keto family members we add some spaghettini noodles towards the end but for those on a keto diet this is already a hardy dish, especially if you choose to add zucchini noodles!
It's simple to prepare ahead of time for lunches or a later dinner.
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied and chopped into chunks (~400g)
- 1/2 a large yellow or red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 a large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large carrot (or ~6 baby carrots) cut into thin strips
- 1/4 of a large white onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 tbsp + 1/2 tsp ginger, more as needed
- Pepper & salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Optional: Add Zucchini noodles when you add the bean sprouts for an additional texture in the dish.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of sesame oil and the olive oil.
- Add the ginger and your chicken.
- Partially cook your chicken then remove it from the pan and set-aside in a bowl.
- Add your vegetables and a 1/2 tsp of ginger and sauté, covered until just tender.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add your garlic.
- Add your chicken back to the pan and cook through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, reduce the heat and add your soy sauce, xanthan gum, chili pepper flakes. and bean sprouts.
- Stir often and continue to Sauté until the bean sprouts are wilted.
- Remove from the heat and serve! Enjoy!
Nutrition: 12g of fat | 5.5g of carbs | 29g of protein & 2g of fibre
Friday 17th of January 2020
Great recipe. Made it for dinner and it was delicious