If you are looking for the ultimate sweet-tooth fix but something easy to make.. AND that will have everyone asking for more… then look no further. This Keto Peppermint Fudge is meant for you.
It's beautiful double-layer look is created by using coconut oil in both the topping and fudge itself to quickly “set” each layer in the freezer.
This Keto Peppermint Fudge is soft, chewy, melty..with a slightly crunch from the topping and some pecans and chocolate-chips thrown in.. you can't go wrong.
Keto Peppermint Fudge
- 3/4(180g) coconut oil, room temperature (not completely hardened but not melted either is the best state to have it in!)
- 1/4 cup(60g) butter, room temperature
- 5 tbsp splenda(or another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 2 tbsp truvia (or another 1/4 cup of sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp(26g) cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- pecans & stevia sweetened chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, room temp.
- 1/8-1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp splenda (or another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- In a medium bowl, add your coconut oil and beat until “fluffy” (about 1 min).
- Next, add your butter, sweeteners and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in your cocoa powder and pinch of salt using a spoon or spatula until well combined(you can beat this too if you find it easier).
- Fold in your chocolate-chips and pecans if using.
- Line a large bread pan or 8×8 square dish with parchment and spray lightly with Pam if you have it (if not it should be fine on it's own I just use it as a precaution).
- Using a spatula, spread your fudge into the pan evenly and then place in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, beat together some softened-almost melted butter and cream cheese along with the 1 tbsp of room temp. coconut oil.
- Add your sweetener and peppermint extract and beat once more. (This mixture is meant to look bumpy, it's what gives the fudge it's name “snow fudge”).
- Remove your fudge from the freezer and pour the peppermint layer evenly on top.
- Tap the dish on the counter to even out the layer as much as possible. Place back in the freezer for 30min-1 hours before attempting to slice into small squares.
- Store in an airtight container (between layers of parchment paper) in the freezer and serve immediately when desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition per 1/16th of recipe: 148cals | 16.5g of fat | 0.5g of carbs | 0.6g of protein