If you are looking for the ultimate sweet-tooth fix but something easy to make.. AND that will have everyone asking for more… then look no further. This fudge is meant for you.
It’s beautiful double-layer look is created by using coconut oil in both the topping and fudge itself to quickly “set” each layer in the freezer.
This fudge is soft, chewy, melty..with a slightly crunch from the topping and some pecans and chocolate-chips thrown in.. you can’t go wrong.
- 3/4(180g) coconut oil, room temperature (not completely hardened but not melted either is the best state to have it in!)
- 1/4 cup(60g) butter, room temperature
- 5 tbsp splenda(or another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 2 tbsp truvia (or another 1/4 cup of sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp(26g) cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- pecans & stevia sweetened chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, room temp.
- 1/8-1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp splenda (or another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- In a medium bowl, add your coconut oil and beat until “fluffy” (about 1 min).
- Next, add your butter, sweeteners and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in your cocoa powder and pinch of salt using a spoon or spatula until well combined(you can beat this too if you find it easier).
- Fold in your chocolate-chips and pecans if using.
- Line a large bread pan or 8×8 square dish with parchment and spray lightly with Pam if you have it (if not it should be fine on it’s own I just use it as a precaution).
- Using a spatula, spread your fudge into the pan evenly and then place in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, beat together some softened-almost melted butter and cream cheese along with the 1 tbsp of room temp. coconut oil.
- Add your sweetener and peppermint extract and beat once more. (This mixture is meant to look bumpy, it’s what gives the fudge it’s name “snow fudge”).
- Remove your fudge from the freezer and pour the peppermint layer evenly on top.
- Tap the dish on the counter to even out the layer as much as possible. Place back in the freezer for 30min-1 hours before attempting to slice into small squares.
- Store in an airtight container (between layers of parchment paper) in the freezer and serve immediately when desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition per 1/16th of recipe: 148cals | 16.5g of fat | 0.5g of carbs | 0.6g of protein