I literally cannot express how EXCITED I am to share this recipe.
I have spent hours, days, weeks, months..TRYING to come up with the perfect versatile low-carb dough recipe. I have wasted countless bags of almond flour, coconut flour, yeast packets, olive oil…you name it.
But today, knowing it was all worth it, I have ZERO regrets.
Continue reading “THE GREATEST LOW-CARB PIZZA OF ALL-TIME-Yeast Risen”
I cannot put into words how obsessed I am with this recipe. This is hands-down the BEST KETO MEAL I have ever, EVER, prepared myself. Heck, maybe even the best MEAL I’ve ever prepared myself. I’d eat this over any typical high-carb pasta dish anyday. If you make anything on my blog, let it be this.
Continue reading “KETO BEEF STROGANOFF WITH NOODLES!”
Guys..I’m going to be real honest here. I pretty much lived off these burgers and basically ate the entire batch in a day. So..be warned. They are GOOD. Top them with some avocado and tomato and it would be epic! (P.S pictures were not ideal, I wasn’t planning on writing a recipe so I’d already cut into them when the photos were taken so please don’t let that deter you!!)
-1lb Ground Beef
-85g Feta Cheese
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-1/2-1 tbsp parsley
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 tsp onion powder
-1 tbsp butter
-Additional Butter for frying
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Use your hands to mash everything together.
- Form 5 burger patties and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium heat, melt a tbsp or more of butter and place the burgers in the pan(you can repeat steps if using a smaller pan).
- Cook COVERED for 4min on the first side then flip, turn heat to low and cook for another 4-8min or until burgers are cooked through on the second side. (It’s best to cook them low and slow after flipping if you have time!)
- Remove from pan and serve hot with avocado slices and tomato(bruschetta topping in my previous recipe would be a great addition as well!!) Enjoy!
Each burger (1/5 of recipe) is roughly 18F/0.7C/22.7P
I don’t know where to begin. This lasagna was EVERYTHING.
It tastes BETTER than regular lasagna..BETTER. I am being 100% honest guys. You need to make this like ASAP.
The “noodles” themselves are delicious on their own but pair that with a ton of cheese, meat and sauce…and OMG. That’s all I can say.
I slightly tweaked this recipe from it’s original I found here. (The author, Kyndra is a genius & I give her full credit!)
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (I used half real parmesan and half dried)
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (130g)
- Pinch of each: majoram, thyme, rosemary
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups of lower-carb pasta sauce (I used “Classico Tomato Basil” but added some salt, splenda and basil to taste )
- 3/4 cup (90g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 tbsp 2% cottage cheese
- 1/3 chopped onion
- 1oz finely chopped green pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Pinch of each: majoram, thyme, rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9×13 baking dish with tinfoil sprayed with oil or parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together cream cheese and eggs.
- Next, add Parmesan cheese and spices. Mix to combine.
- Fold in mozzarella cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish, forming an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When the “noodles” are done baking, cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes and then cut into thirds. This makes three perfectly sized “noodle” layers for an 8.5 X 4.5 X 2.5 loaf pan.
*NOTE: You can also make the noodles ahead of time and store them in your fridge or freezer!)
For The Filling
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine ground beef, onion, peppers and your spices. Cook until the meat is browned.
- Drain excess fat from pan and add ¾ cup of your sauce to meat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Putting It All Together
- Pour ¼ cup marinara sauce into bottom of loaf pan. Top with the first “noodle” layer
- Layer a third of the ground beef mixture. Top with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and 3 tbsp cottage cheese, and cover with another “noodle” layer. Repeat these steps.
- Cover the top “noodle” layer with remaining ground beef, and mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle a little parmesan and basil over top. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
If you guys don’t find this down-right epic then you might be crazy. This recipe is amazing and I just wanted to again than the original author for sharing such a wonderful dish!
Nutrition per serving(serves 4): 35F/8C(NET)/48P
Serves: 4 (~1 1/4 cup servings)
- 4 cups chicken or beef broth
- 600-700g chopped cauliflower and/or broccoli
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (35%) heavy whipping cream*
- 45g (1 1/2 oz) cheddar cheese*
- Pepper to taste
- Bring broth to boil.
- Add your cauliflower/broccoli and garlic to the pot
- Simmer uncovered until cauliflower/broccoli can be easily sliced with a knife (about 15min)
- Remove from heat and use a hand held electric blender to puree the soup. Leave partially chunky if desired 😉 *
- Place pot back over medium heat and add the cream and cheese.
- Stir until melted and combined
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with sliced cooked bacon pieces or parmesan crisps OR refrigerate and re-heat for an easy meal later on!
*If you don’t have a hand held blender, you can use a stand blender, just be sure to cool the mixture a bit before blending!
*This recipe is easily customizable, you can add more or less cream and cheese to taste, you can also switch up the type of cheese if you’d like!
Per Serving(~300g prepared): 9F/6C(Net)/6P & 3g fibre
Follow: @sammysamgirl for more!
This is a simple recipe that I made when I was in a rush to get out the door. It only requires about 5 main ingredients!
-1/2 Avocado chopped
-2 hardboiled eggs chopped with salt and pepper
-1/3 cup romaine lettuce shredded
-1/2 a small tomato chopped
Directions: Combine everything in a bowl and eat up! Simple as that.