This stir-fry is a classic in our family! We’ve made it for years. For our non-keto family members we add some spaghettini noodles towards the end but for those on a keto diet this is already a hardy dish, especially if you choose to add zucchini noodles!
It’s simple to prepare ahead of time for lunches or a later dinner.
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied and chopped into chunks (~400g)
- 1/2 a large yellow or red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 a large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large carrot (or ~6 baby carrots) cut into thin strips
- 1/4 of a large white onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 tbsp + 1/2 tsp ginger, more as needed
- Pepper & salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Optional: Add Zucchini noodles when you add the bean sprouts for an additional texture in the dish.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of sesame oil and the olive oil.
- Add the ginger and your chicken.
- Partially cook your chicken then remove it from the pan and set-aside in a bowl.
- Add your vegetables and a 1/2 tsp of ginger and sauté, covered until just tender.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add your garlic.
- Add your chicken back to the pan and cook through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, reduce the heat and add your soy sauce, xanthan gum, chili pepper flakes. and bean sprouts.
- Stir often and continue to Sauté until the bean sprouts are wilted.
- Remove from the heat and serve! Enjoy!
Nutrition: 12g of fat | 5.5g of carbs | 29g of protein & 2g of fibre
Guys..I’m going to be real honest here. I pretty much lived off these burgers and basically ate the entire batch in a day. So..be warned. They are GOOD. Top them with some avocado and tomato and it would be epic! (P.S pictures were not ideal, I wasn’t planning on writing a recipe so I’d already cut into them when the photos were taken so please don’t let that deter you!!)
-1lb Ground Beef
-85g Feta Cheese
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-1/2-1 tbsp parsley
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 tsp onion powder
-1 tbsp butter
-Additional Butter for frying
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Use your hands to mash everything together.
- Form 5 burger patties and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium heat, melt a tbsp or more of butter and place the burgers in the pan(you can repeat steps if using a smaller pan).
- Cook COVERED for 4min on the first side then flip, turn heat to low and cook for another 4-8min or until burgers are cooked through on the second side. (It’s best to cook them low and slow after flipping if you have time!)
- Remove from pan and serve hot with avocado slices and tomato(bruschetta topping in my previous recipe would be a great addition as well!!) Enjoy!
Each burger (1/5 of recipe) is roughly 18F/0.7C/22.7P
I had this burger the other night at the strangest place…the movie theatre! YUP. I ate a delicious burger while watching the newest 50 Shades release. We were in the VIP section where they take your order, have heated seats and chairs that are basically lazy-boys. I don’t think I can ever go back to regular movie theatres guys..
BUT that’s beside the point. This burger was delicious! It had goat cheese, avocado and a bruschetta topping. The kitchen staff were wonderful in accommodating my bun-less request and the burger came out looking beautiful!
After eating it, I was positive I would have to re-make it at home considering how delicious it was and it really is a nice light alternative from eating foods heavy in cream and cheese.
This post is less like a burger recipe and more like a topping recipe, lol. But it was so good I had to share. I bought the burgers frozen (I used these) but you can make your own fresh, maybe even use some greek spices and stuff them with goat cheese…hmmm future recipe idea I think!
Anyways, here’s how to put together this delicious burger:
-Beef Burger Patty (Homemade, store-bought, your choice!)
-1-1 1/2oz thick slice of fresh goat cheese
-1/2 a small avocado(about 40-50g) sliced thinly
- 1/2 a roma tomato chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp(7-10g) grated fresh parmesan
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Optional: Green or red onion
- Mix all bruschetta ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 1/2 an hour to blend flavours.
- Cook burger to your desired liking.
- Place small pieces of romaine on a place to create a bed for the burger.
- Immediately top the burger with the goat cheese, avocado slices and then the bruschetta.
- Consume with a fork and knife. Simple as that!
Nutrition for the toppings (add to whichever burger you choose to use): 18F/3C(NET)/9P & 4g fibre
Ahh..Summer, the perfect time for swimming, camp fires, long walks and delicious food. Looking for the perfect summer lunch? Try my Open-Faced Avocado Chickpea Sandwich. I love avocado and chickpeas so I thought why not combine them in a beautiful sandwich rather than my typical salad. It turned out super delicious, packed with protein and the perfect meal for vegetarians!
- 1 piece of thick cut whole wheat bread or crustini (I used vitality country harvest, 90cals/slice)
- 1/5 of a large avocado
- 1/4 cup of rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 1/2 tbsp green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 3-4 chopped cherry tomatoes or 1 slice of tomato chopped
- juice from 1 small wedge of lime (to taste!)
- salt/pepper(to taste)
- a few leaves of fresh spinach
- 1 sliced hardboiled egg
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes
- salt/pepper (to taste)
Directions: In a small bowl, mash together the avocado and chickpeas.(optional-I left out a few chickpeas to add back in later for extra texture). Once combined add in the other salad ingredients and finish-off with salt/pepper & lime until it’s seasoned to your liking. Next either toast your bread or leave it as is. Spread the salad mixture on top of the bread then place spinach leaves on top and your egg layer on top of that sprinkled with spices & additional salt/pepper. Now grab a fork and knife or use your hands and dig in! Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts(using vitality bread): 29o calories, 35g carbs, 12g fat, 16g protein, 9g fibre
P.S, My perfect side to this sandwich is a serving of large frozen shrimp thawed and deveined with cocktail sauce…amazing!
Goodmorning everyone! Today I had another great breakfast with oatmeal! I’m actually just finishing this filling meal as I post this! This variation of oatmeal is decadent, creamy, luscious..okay you get the idea. If you love raspberries, lemon or cheesecake then you should definitely make this recipe! I can’t tell you how good it is. Take me to the recipe!