This cake is super moist, soft, fluffy and delicious. You’d never know it wasn’t loaded with sugar.
Don’t be afraid by the ingredient list, this cake is actually VERY simple to make and requires little effort on your part. It’s best served the next day so if you don’t mind a little waiting time..it’s definitely worth it.
Some Ingredients I’d Like to Highlight:
Powdered Monkfruit/Erythritol sweetener – this is a MUST in this recipe. YES, you can use swerve if you’d like but I guarantee you will prefer the taste so much more with a blend of these two sweeteners. Once I tried this combo, I never went back to any other sweetener again. SoNourished has a powdered Monkfruit/Erythritol blend conveniently packaged for you if you’d like to try it out.
Almond & Coconut Flour – I use the Kirkland Costco brand of almond flour (I buy it in bulk on Amazon or at Costco itself occasionally) and this brand of coconut flour for this recipe. As I’ve noted in many of my past recipes, the brand of almond and coconut flour can affect the final outcome of the recipe because absorbency can vary depending on how the flour has been processed.
Vital Wheat Gluten – If you have questions about why I include this ingredient, I wrote an entire article on what it is and why I use Vital Wheat Gluten on my keto diet! I also included where to buy it, how many carbs it contains..and how to use it in baking.
Low-Carb Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 1 cup(112g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup(56g) coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp vital wheat gluten (OR 1 tsp xanthan gum + 1 tbsp almond flour)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp (~100g granular or powdered monkfruit/erythritol sweetener)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 300ml (~1 1/4 cups) unsweetened vanilla almond milk (OR cream of any percentage for a richer cake)
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(60g) melted butter
- 2 tbsp(30g) melted butter
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses (optional!)
- 1/4 cup powdered monkfruit/erythritol sweetener (OR any other sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup+1 tbsp powdered monkfruit/erythritol sweetener (or another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 1/3 cup (80g) cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-6 tbsp almond milk or heavy cream to thin out
- Optional: pinch or two of xanthan gum to thicken
(Frosting will thicken in the fridge)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients.
- Stir in your wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Stir together your “Topping” ingredients in a small bowl and drop by spoonfuls onto the cake batter.
- Use a knife to swirl the cake batter with the topping.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-35min or until the cake pulls away from the edges and the center is just set. (It’s okay if the cake looks slightly under-cooked, it will set!)
- Leave the cake in the pan to cool and prepare your frosting by whisking together all of the listed ingredients until smooth(you can add more or less milk depending on how thin or thick you want the frosting, but like I said it will harden up further in the fridge!)
- Drizzle the frosting over the cake OR spread if you made it thicker.
- Place the cake in the fridge for at least 4 hours or preferably over-night (you can eat it immediately but I recommend waiting until it sets so you can properly slice it(unlike my impatient self, see photos, haha), plus I found it tasted even better the next day!)
- Serve chilled! Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
I may have stolen a bite..
Nutrition per slice: 21.5g of fat | 4g of NET carbs | 8g of Protein | 4g fibre
Disclaimer: This post contains some affiliate links.