Keto Butter Tarts is one recipe I’ve had planned for AGES but I’ve just finally got around to making it!
I’m so glad I did! Butter Tarts are a classic.
They’ve always been my Dad’s favourite but for some reason I never really loved them as a kid..
That all changed when I tried one a couple years ago. I hadn’t realized how AMAZING these things taste when find the right one. Some buttertarts are gooier than others, some have a tougher center with more filling and then there are some that have a thick crust, some that have a thinner, lighter crust…etc.
Butter tarts are very versatile is what I’m trying to say.
That’s why I thought, why not have keto butter tarts ?
The filling doesn’t have to change much and the crust shouldn’t be to hard to re-create….
and thus, these beautiful butter tarts were born.
These make the perfect after-dinner treat and are the ultimate cure to any sweet tooth cravings.. Continue reading “Keto Butter Tarts”
Are you ready to enter chocolate heaven? These BLISSFUL keto chocolate muffins will have you feeling all types of ways. They are rich, moist, full of chocolate flavour AND super easy to make. What more could you ask for? Continue reading “Keto Chocolate Bliss Muffins”
KETO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
MAN. These cookies are good.
I originally made keto chocolate chip cookies a few years back (you can find the recipe here) and those were GREAT.
But that recipe was more of a crispier cookie that spread more..
I hadn’t quite got the texture right yet and was still playing around with the type and ratio of low-carb flour I used.
BUT THESE ONES. I feel like I have finally opened the gates to chocolate heaven. Continue reading “Chewy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies”
This cake is super moist, soft, fluffy and delicious. You’d never know it wasn’t loaded with sugar.
Don’t be afraid by the ingredient list, this cake is actually VERY simple to make and requires little effort on your part. It’s best served the next day so if you don’t mind a little waiting time..it’s definitely worth it.
Continue reading “Low-Carb Cinnamon Roll Cake”
PERFECT KETO CREPES
These Perfect Keto Crepes are so simple to make and are extremely versatile.
You can use them as a sandwich “wrap”, taco shells (cook thinner and crisper ones), enchilada wraps or just as they are; crepes, sweet or savoury!
I hope you enjoy them! They are based off of a recipe we used to use when I worked at a french bakery…just slightly lower-carb 😉
They really are perfect crepes!
Continue reading “Perfect Keto Crepes”
GUYS. WHERE DO I BEGIN. These are heavenly. Dense, fudgey, rich..exactly how a brownie should be. I took these to a product demo and the comments included “These are amazing!!” “Are you sure there’s no sugar in these..like you are SURE?!” “Where can I buy them?”, “WOW”, “This is healthy?”…”Um..do you have any left?”
The whole tray was gone within just over an hour. I even had kids enjoying them just as much!
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites (and that’s saying a lot considering my website contains 100’s of recipes).
So, without further ado, this is how you make the most amazing keto-friendly two-bite fat bomb brownies:
Continue reading “TWO-BITE FAT-BOMB BROWNIES”
What if I told you I made low-carb muffins that are high in protein, high in fibre, contain 0 added sugars and actually taste GOOD? Like not just “okay they are alright for being healthy” kinda good but rather, good as in “wow these are delicious I could eat the whole plate right now…but like I won’t(okay maybe just 2…)”.
Would you believe me?
I wouldn’t…but yet, here we are.
Continue reading “The BEST Keto Chocolate-Chip Muffins”
This is a super simple recipe that honestly does not take much time to make! It’s the perfect portion size for a small after-dinner treat or a sweet addition to your daily breakfast. They store easily and taste even BETTER the next day!
Continue reading “Low-Carb Mini Double Chocolate Muffins”
Delicious, sweet and soft, these Low Carb Apple Cinnamon Muffins are super simple to make and are a perfect “healthier” dessert option!
These are great for a quick make-ahead breakfast and freeze well.
I’ve included both a regular gluten-free apple cinnamon muffin version and a low carb apple cinnamon muffin version below so make whichever one best fits your dietary needs!
Low Carb Apple Cinnamon Muffin Ingredients:
- Truvia – Since I’ve re-made this recipe many times, I’ve switched over to using a monkfruit/erythritol blend instead of truvia. The reason being.. It’s much more keto-friendly in terms of it’s effect on insulin levels and it probably has the closest taste to real sugar! I highly recommend trying it out. I use this blend from SoNourished.
- Almond & Coconut Flour – I use the Kirkland Costco brand of almond flour (I buy it in bulk on Amazon or at Costco itself occasionally) and this brand of coconut flour for this recipe. As I’ve noted in many of my past recipes, the brand of almond and coconut flour can affect the final outcome of the recipe because absorbency can vary depending on how the flour has been processed.
- Blackstrap molasses– I use this as a brown sugar alternative. You can leave this out but it adds really great flavour for minimal carbs!
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffin Tips
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before baking for best results.
Tools I used to Make Sugar Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
– Low Carb Substitution Guide – This is totally optional but if you like my recipes, I now have a $5 guide available with all of the substitutions I use to create every recipe on my site. You can use this to convert old traditional recipes and create new keto recipes! You can purchase it here and/or read more if you are interested. 🙂 I appreciate your support so much guys!
– Nutritional Food Scale – AKA my best friend. This little buddy has been with me for over 4 years and never fails. Perfect measurements and only needs the batteries replaced maybe once a year!
Continue reading “Low Carb Apple Cinnamon Muffins”
Brighten up any cloudy morning with a beautiful breakfast of sunny-side up eggs over fresh avocado lettuce wraps. These little wraps will keep you full for hours with a large serving of healthy fats, fibre and protein. This recipe is also paleo and vegetarian friendly! This perfect breakfast can’t get any better…
-2 large romaine leaves
-2 thick slices of a large tomato chopped (1/2 a small tomato)
-1/2 a large avocado sliced thinly
-1-2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
-1 whole chopped green onion
-1 pinch of garlic powder/onion powder
-1 pinch of chili pepper flakes(optional for added spice)
-salt/pepper to taste
-2 large eggs + extra salt/pepper to taste
Directions: Place the 2 romaine leaves on a large plate and sprinkle tomato, avocado, red onion, green onion, garlic/onion powder and red chili pepper flakes on top. Meanwhile, preheat a frying pan over low-medium heat sprayed with a little olive oil cooking spray. Cook 2 eggs until just set(middle still runny) by cooking gently on each side for about 1-2minutes. (while cooking sprinkle well with salt and pepper).
Take off the hot eggs and top each romaine leaf with one each. Grab a fork and knife & break the yolks of each egg letting the beautiful yolk spill over your lettuce wraps! Enjoy!
I’ve always loved the fact that egg yolks create their own delicious sauce!
Nutrition Facts: 290 calories, 20.5g fat, 8g carbs, 16g protein, 5g fibre