I am honestly so impressed with how SIMPLE these keto cinnamon sugar donuts are to make, yet how perfect they turn out every time!
This recipe is ideal for 1-2 people. The donuts are not only tasty but they are very filling and full of protein and fibre to keep you full for hours!
Some Ingredients I’d like to Highlight:
- Almond & Coconut Flour – I use the Kirkland Costco brand of almond flour (I buy it in bulk on Amazon or at Costco itself occasionally) and this brand of coconut flour for this recipe. As I’ve noted in many of my past recipes, the brand of almond and coconut flour can affect the final outcome of the recipe because absorbency can vary depending on how the flour has been processed.
- Vital Wheat Gluten – If you have questions about why I include this ingredient, I wrote an entire article on what it is and why I use Vital Wheat Gluten on my keto diet! I also included where to buy it, how many carbs it contains..and how to use it in different kinds of baking.
- Truvia – I know use a monkfruit/erythritol blend in place of Truvia because I prefer the taste and it’s a bit more keto friendly! I use the SoNourished brand and it’s great!
AMAZING 10min KETO CINNAMON SUGAR DONUTS
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp vital wheat gluten (do not sub! This is the protein extracted from bread that gives it it’s elasticity. It has virtually no carbs and works great in low-carb baking to give items a more traditional feel!)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1 tsp truvia*
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp(65g) full fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the sour cream and stir until a dough forms, knead the dough for about 30s-1min.
- Roll the dough into 2 balls, flatten each slightly and place on a parchment lined/greased baking sheet.
- Use a piping bag tip or a bottle cap to punch out a hole in the center of each ball. (You can bake the extra piece as a donut hole as well!)
- Use your fingers to gently make the donut hole double the size it was.
- Brush the dough with a little butter or coconut oil(optional) and place in the oven.
- Bake for 7-10min(I like mine slightly under-cooked so I go for the 7min but you can bake it longer to cook it fully through!), *flip each donut half way through baking.*
- Remove from the oven and brush with the butter or coconut oil.
- Combine the cinnamon and truvia and dip each donut top until well coated. Serve warm with a side of coffee! Enjoy your delicious keto cinnamon sugar donuts 🙂
Nutrition for 2 donuts+donut hole: 257 calories, 17F/7C(NET)/19P & 6g fibre