I am honestly so impressed with how SIMPLE these are to make yet how perfect they turn out every time! This recipe is ideal for 1-2 people. The donuts are not only tasty but they are very filling and full of protein and fibre to keep you full for hours!
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp vital wheat gluten (do not sub! This is the protein extracted from bread that gives it it’s elasticity. It has virtually no carbs and works great in low-carb baking to give items a more traditional feel!)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1 tsp truvia*
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp(65g) full fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the sour cream and stir until a dough forms, knead the dough for about 30s-1min.
- Roll the dough into 2 balls, flatten each slightly and place on a parchment lined/greased baking sheet.
- Use a piping bag tip or a bottle cap to punch out a hole in the center of each ball. (You can bake the extra piece as a donut hole as well!)
- Use your fingers to gently make the donut hole double the size it was.
- Brush the dough with a little butter or coconut oil(optional) and place in the oven.
- Bake for 7-10min(I like mine slightly under-cooked so I go for the 7min but you can bake it longer to cook it fully through!), *flip each donut half way through baking.*
- Remove from the oven and brush with the butter or coconut oil.
- Combine the cinnamon and truvia and dip each donut top until well coated. Serve warm with a side of coffee! Enjoy 🙂
Nutrition for 2 donuts+donut hole: 257 calories, 17F/7C(NET)/19P & 6g fibre