These baked donuts were fantastic! They are super soft and moist with a sweet, light pumpkin flavour. A perfect fall breakfast treat.
- 1 1/4(140g) cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp(14g) coconut flour
- 3 tbsp splenda or swerve
- 3 1/2 tbsp Truvia (or ~10 1/2 tbsp of another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 1/4 cup(60g) pumpkin purée
- 2 1/2 tbsp(37g) butter
- 1/4 cup(60g) almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses (optional, adds brown sugar flavour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg & allspice(optional)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp(45-60g) sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp butter
(Combine ingredients and microwave for 45s-1min to melt)
- Pre-heat oven to 375*.
- Grease 2 donut pans with oil or butter.
- In a large bowl combine all of your dry ingredients.
- Add your wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Place your ingredients in a large ziplock(cut the corner off afterwards) or piping bag.
- Pipe the batter into 8 donut moulds.
- Bake for 10-15min or until the tops are slightly stiff to the touch and the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack. Meanwhile combine your topping ingredients and microwave until melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate over each donut evenly. Enjoy hot or..
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is hardened and serve! (My family enjoyed them straight from the fridge)
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5-6 days, or freeze for later use!
Nutrition per 1/8th of recipe: 15.5F/1.5C(NET)/5.5P & 5g fibre