I can't even put into words how happy I am with this recipe…
Just please do yourself a favour and make these,
That is all.
Keto Chocolate Protein Donuts w/ Chocolate Glaze
- 1/4 cup(30g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup(28g) coconut flour
- 1 scoop(35g) Cellucor Molten Chocolate Whey
- 1/4 cup(24g) cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp Splenda
(or another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 2 tbsp Truvia
(or 4 tbsp of another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/16 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream + 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(60g) egg whites
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp(60g) sugar-free choc-chips
- 1 tbsp(14g) coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp Splenda
- pinch of salt
- OPTIONAL: flaked coconut
or chopped nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients until smooth.
- Combine wet with dry ingredients until a thick batter is formed.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper and lightly spray with oil.
- Using a piping bag (or a plastic ziplock with the corner cut off), pipe thick circles just under the size of a hockey puck, leaving a hole in the middle about 2-3x the size of what you want the final result to look like. (I ended up with 11, you can use a spoon to help smooth out any edges if needed)
- Bake for 6-8min or until the donuts have risen and a tooth pick comes out clean (*NOTE I took all of mine out at 6min and even if they were a little soft they stiffened up on the tray).
- Cool on the tray for at least 5min before placing in the fridge to cool further.
- To make the glaze, simply mix together the coconut oil and chocolate chips and microwave in increments until melted, then stir in the salt and splenda.
- Once the donuts are cooled, Drizzle the chocolate glaze on top of each one.
- Optional, sprinkle shredded coconut or chopped nuts on top of the glaze.
- Place back in the fridge (or freezer if impatient!) and cool until the glaze has set.
- Store the donuts in the fridge in an air-tight container, I actually prefer them best cold more-so than warm from the oven!
- If you want the glaze to entirely cover your donuts then use 1/4 cup(60g) sugar-free chocolate chips rather than 2 tbsp.
Nutrition per serving: 8.5F/2.5C(NET)/5.5P & 2.5g fibre
Follow: @sammysamgirl for more!