Are you ready to enter chocolate heaven? These BLISSFUL muffins will have you feeling all types of ways. They are rich, moist, full of chocolate flavour AND super easy to make. What more could you ask for?
At 3.5 NET carbs a piece, these easily fit any keto diet regime. They are also packed with a ton of protein and fibre so they make quite a filling snack and/or breakfast on the go!
Chocolate Bliss Keto Muffins
- 1 cup (112g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (54g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (24g) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp (10g) vital wheat gluten OR 1/4 tsp xanthan gum for gluten-free!
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp splenda (OR any other sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 3 1/2 tbsp truvia (OR ~7tbsp of another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup room temperature(or gently warmed) unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or cream for a richer final product)
- 1/8 tsp blackstrap molasses (OPTIONAL-adds brown sugar flavour)
- 3 tbsp(45g) butter
- 2 tbsp(30g) coconut oil
- 2 tbsp stevia-sweetened chocolate-chips (I use THESE or THESE)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (separate from the chips mentioned above)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350*F.
- Line 8 cups of a muffin tray and spray each liner lightly with oil (I used coconut oil).
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients (all ingredients up until/including salt).
- In another medium bowl, whisk together your eggs, sweeteners, vanilla, and molasses until well-combined, set aside.
- Add, your butter, coconut oil and 2 tbsp of chocolate-chips to a small microwavable bowl and microwave for 30-45s. Stir until chocolate-chips have melted and everything is combined.
- Add this small bowl of ingredients and your almond milk to your egg mixture and whisk together until smooth.
- Next, add this whole mixture to your larger bowl of dry ingredients.
- Stir until a thick chocolate batter forms.
- Fold in your 1/4 cup of chocolate-chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, evenly disperse the batter between the 8 lined cups of the muffin tray.
- Bake at 350*F for 18-21min or until a toothpick comes out JUST clean. (Do not over-bake!)
- Let the muffins cool for 4-5min in the tray before removing and setting on a wire rack to further cool. Store in an air-tight container on the counter for 3-4 days or freeze for a future snack! Enjoy!
Nutrition per 1/8th of recipe: 243cals | 20.8g of fat | 3.5g of NET carbs |7.6g of protein & 9.2g of fibre
*(These are nutritionals using Krisda chocolate-chips, almond milk, molasses and vital wheat gluten)