This cake is everything and anything you’ve been dreaming of. It’s rich, chocolatey, dense, moist.. It’s also extremely filling as it’s packed with a healthy dose of protein and fat. This is one chocolate cake you can eat for breakfast and/or lunch and not feel guilty about..
This is also a great dessert if you double or quadruple the recipe to serve guests (keto AND non-keto alike) as it makes you look like one fancy, next-level baker.. meanwhile it only takes minutes to prepare! But no one needs to know that. Serve it hot with some low-carb whip cream and/or ice cream and friends and family will be begging you for the recipe.
- 2 tbsp no sugar-added chocolate-chips (I used THESE but you can also use Lily’s)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp splenda (OR another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 1/4 tsp truvia (optional, I like the flavour/extra sweetness it adds!)
- 2 tbsp(14g) almond flour
- 1/2 tsp coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- pinch of xanthan gum (optional, improves overall texture of gluten-free baked goods)
- powdered swerve OR another powdered sweetener for topping (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425* F.
- In a microwaveable bowl, add your chocolate-chips and butter. Microwave in 30s intervals until melted. Stir to combine.
- Add your egg, splenda truvia and vanilla. Using a fork, whisk well until smooth.
- Add all of the dry ingredients and again whisk well until smooth.
- Using a piece of butter, grease a small ramekin or oven-safe dish generously.
- Using a spatula, scrape the chocolate mixture into the ramekin and place it on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the cake for 8-10min. (Bake less for a lava cake, bake longer for a fully cooked chocolate cake).
- Once you’ve removed the cake from the oven, allow it to cool for several minutes before using a knife to gently pull it away from the sides.
- Turn the cake upside-down onto a plate and top with powdered swerve (or another sweeter) for a beautiful final touch! Serve warm with low-carb ice-cream or whipped cream! Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts for one cake: 356 calories | 32g of fat | 6g of NET carbs | 11.5g of protein
***If you are short on time, this cake can also be microwaved for a quick chocolate fix!(microwave at 30s intervals until cooked to desired consistency)***