PERFECT KETO CREPES
These Perfect Keto Crepes are so simple to make and are extremely versatile.
You can use them as a sandwich “wrap”, taco shells (cook thinner and crisper ones), enchilada wraps or just as they are; crepes, sweet or savoury!
I hope you enjoy them! They are based off of a recipe we used to use when I worked at a french bakery…just slightly lower-carb 😉
They really are perfect crepes!
Perfect Keto Crepes
- 180ml cream (10, 18 or 35% should all work but I prefer 18%)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp(35g) almond flour
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut flour(10g) (you can add more if batter is too “wet” after you do a test crepe)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp each of salt & pepper (savoury)
- 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp sweetener of choice + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (sweet)
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream and butter until smooth.
- Stir in the flour and again whisk until as smooth as possible.
- Grease your hot pan (spray oil or butter), pour about 1/6th of the batter in the center of the pan and rotate it several times to form a circle.
- Let the crepe cook for 3-5min on the first side and about another 1-2min on the second side. (Don't rush this, just check when the crepe begins to hold together before flipping. (TIP: SMALL-MEDIUM CREPES WORK BEST)
- Place on a plate and fill your perfect keto crepes with whatever your hear desires!
I like to roll my savoury ones up with ham and swiss cheese and dip them in ranch.
For the sweet ones, filling them with home-made hazelnut butter, and topping them with lightly sweetened whipped heavy cream and strawberries is perfect.