I cannot put into words how obsessed I am with this recipe. This is hands-down the BEST KETO MEAL I have ever, EVER, prepared myself. Heck, maybe even the best MEAL I've ever prepared myself. I'd eat this over any typical high-carb pasta dish anyday. If you make anything on my blog, let it be this.
What you'll need:
For the Noodles:
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (I used half real parmesan and half dried)
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (130g)
- 1-2 tsp parlsey
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
For the meat mixture:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup(~8oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb ground beef
- 55g onion chopped(~1/2 a medium onion)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef broth (I just used 1 boullion packet in 1/2 cup warm water)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce (optional, it adds great flavour for only 2 carbs)
- 1/2 cup 14% sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a large baking dish with tinfoil sprayed with oil or parchment paper (the larger the dish, the thinner the noodles).
- In a mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together cream cheese and eggs until smooth.
- Stir in your spices, grated mozzarella and parmesan until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish, forming an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When the “noodles” are done baking, leave them to cool for 15-20min before removing from the dish and slicing into long thin pieces, then slicing again into thirds for “regular” size noodles.
- Meanwhile add your bacon to a large cool frying pan and turn the heat up to medium.
- Let your bacon cook, flipping as needed until HALFWAY done to your liking.
- While the bacon is still cooking, throw in your mushrooms, garlic powder and a teaspoon of olive oil if needed to grease the pan.
- Cook the mushrooms and bacon until the mushrooms are soft and the bacon is crisp.
- Remove both from the pan and set-aside in a bowl. (I chopped my bacon into smaller pieces during this time)
- In the same pan, add your ground beef, onions and garlic.
- Season with paprika, parsley salt and pepper, sauté until meat is no longer pink.
- Now you can add your tomato paste, broth and xanthan gum.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer for a minute and add your Worcestershire sauce.
- Finally, reduce the heat, add your mushrooms and bacon back to the pan and add your sour cream, stir until everything is well combined.
- Toss in your noodles and fold into the mixture just until combined, then remove form the heat (OR serve the meat mixture over the noodles for a more aesthetic presentation).
- Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy! 🙂
- Store in a container in the fridge for easy re-heat in the microwave OR on a pan over medium heat for another meal!