WINTER IS COMING.
I repeat. WINTER IS COMING.
Prepare yourself for the endless ELF memes, slow overly cautious drivers, overwhelming pressure of gift shopping and constant Christmas recipe bombardment.
Of course I’m jumping on the trend early so be prepared to be annoyed with multiple holiday and winter-related recipes.
This little recipe is something I whipped up real-quick as I was having a major sugar-cookie craving.
Actually scratch-that, I was having a sugar craving..let’s not sugar coat it (LOL I’m sorry I’m literally the lamest human being).
Anywho, my other “ball” and “bite” recipes have been taken really well by you guys. It seems you all like to put about as much effort into baking as I do (aka, we all just out here being lazy).
This recipe is perfect for you lazy folks who need food NOW.
No-baking required, just throw together, toss in the freezer for a bit and you’re good to go. Snacks for the week!
(Or 1 day, I mean let’s be honest if you’re a woman and you experience the deadly shark week, these things aren’t lasting more than 5 minutes and if someone attempts to steal one you’re probably going to have to eat them too). Continue reading “Keto No-Bake Snowball Bites (“White-Chocolate” Sugar Cookies)”
Keto Butter Tarts is one recipe I’ve had planned for AGES but I’ve just finally got around to making it!
I’m so glad I did! Butter Tarts are a classic.
They’ve always been my Dad’s favourite but for some reason I never really loved them as a kid..
That all changed when I tried one a couple years ago. I hadn’t realized how AMAZING these things taste when find the right one. Some buttertarts are gooier than others, some have a tougher center with more filling and then there are some that have a thick crust, some that have a thinner, lighter crust…etc.
Butter tarts are very versatile is what I’m trying to say.
That’s why I thought, why not have keto butter tarts ?
The filling doesn’t have to change much and the crust shouldn’t be to hard to re-create….
and thus, these beautiful butter tarts were born.
These make the perfect after-dinner treat and are the ultimate cure to any sweet tooth cravings.. Continue reading “Keto Butter Tarts”
This keto lava cake is everything and anything you’ve been dreaming of. It’s rich, chocolatey, dense, moist.. It’s also extremely filling as it’s packed with a healthy dose of protein and fat. This is one chocolate cake you can eat for breakfast and/or lunch and not feel guilty about.. Continue reading “The BEST Keto Lava Cake..For One”
KETO WHITE CHOCOLATE COCONUT CLUSTERS
White chocolate is one thing I find myself and many other people missing on keto.
Sure chocolate itself is great and their are many keto dessert options based around it, sometimes its nice to have something different! So lately I’ve focused a lot of my recipes around this “white chocolate” concept. Continue reading “Keto No-Bake “White Chocolate” Coconut Clusters”
KETO NANAIMO CHEESECAKE SQUARES
I’m so happy to share these with you guys! They turned out so much better than I expected!
I always had the idea in the back of my mind to create a cheesecake of some sort with the crust and topping of a Nanaimo bar but never got around to it…that is, until I realized I had a bar of cream cheese I really needed to use up!
I am SO GLAD I decided to finally go for it. These are delicious and look awesome when cut into small squares. The filling is slightly different than a standard cheesecake because we use a bit of heavy cream and xanthan gum to give it a Nanaimo bar custard-like texture.
These are honestly so tasty I had to stop myself at 3 pieces..as I’m sure I could have continued. Anyways, I hope you enjoy these keto nanaimo cheesecake squares as much as I did!! Continue reading “Keto Nanaimo Cheesecake Squares”
It’s that time of year..the end of October means bye Halloween, bye fall, bye pumpkin spice…and HELLO CHRISTMAS COOKIES, SNOWMEN, ELVES AND HOT CHOCOLATE.
But with that said, I thought I’d wave one last goodbye to our lovely pumpkin spice season (this is not at all because I had an extra can of pumpkin puree I needed to use up..) So without further ado, here is our last official pumpkin recipe of the 2018 year. I hope you enjoy! Continue reading “Keto Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffins”
Fall is coming!! This means…apples, cinnamon, warm cozy sweaters, children in cute Halloween attire, changing leaves and last but certainly not least..the beginning of pumpkin spice EVERYTHING.
Being on a keto diet does not mean you have to miss out on these trends. With these 20 delicious, decadent fall dessert recipes..you are bound to wow yourself and others (even those non-keto family members who refuse anything without a half a cup of sugar thrown into it, haha).
These are some hand-picked recipes including some of my own favourite creations along with those from several of my favourite keto blogs. I hope you enjoy them all as much as I do!
Continue reading “20 Keto Fall Desserts You NEED TO TRY”
Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year for several reasons…
- I get to dress up and use my creative skills to create make-up looks I’d NEVER wear normally.
- I get to bake all sorts of fun and cool looking desserts..
- I get to hand out candy (I love seeing all the kids in their costumes!) and…
- It’s always right around my birthday!
So with that in mind, I was inspired to create the PERFECT cake for those people who have October birthdays or for those just looking to bring something delicious and keto-friendly to their next Halloween get-together! Did I mention it’s also super easy to put together and tastes like fudgey-chocolatey-cheesecake happiness? If you don’t believe me..give it shot for yourself!
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp truvia (or 2 tbsp splenda or swerve)
- 3 tbsp splenda or swerve (or more to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/8th tsp vanilla extract
- Orange food colouring as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients for the brownie layer.
- Add your eggs, coconut oil and vanilla and mix until well combined. Fold in your chocolate-chips if using, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the ingredients for the cream cheese layer. Add your food colouring as desired and beat again.
- Grease a cake pan with butter or coconut oil and then use a spatula to scrape the brownie mixture into the pan, reserving a few tablespoons of the brownie mixture for topping.
- Use your spatula to smooth the brownie batter into place and then pour your cream cheese mixture on top.
- Gently smooth your cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Next drop spoonfuls of the brownie batter on top and swirl into the cream cheese batter(this doesn’t have to be perfect!)
- Bake at 350* for roughly 25min or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top layer forms small cracks/is set.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5-10min and then place in the fridge for AT LEAST an hour before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy!! (Store covered in the fridge)
Nutrition per 1/8th of cake: 320cals| 30g of fat | 1.4g of NET carbs | 8g of protein | 3.4g of fibre
(You could easily cut this into smaller slices for half the calories, it is very filling!)
Super easy to put together, only takes a minute to bake and can be defined as the ultimate keto comfort food. Who doesn’t love a good chocolate-chip cookie?!
Continue reading “Microwave Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie”