5 MIN KETO BISCUIT THINS
Have you ever gotten frustrated because as much as you love the keto way of eating.. you can't help but feel just a little jealous when you see someone eating a delicious sausage breakfast sandwich with that nice buttery biscuit on top..Sure you could just eat the sausage, but what fun is that? That's no breakfast sandwich.
Personally, I think anyone on a keto diet should not have to feel deprived. That's the ultimate goal of my blog and ALL of the recipes I create. They all are based off treats and meals that I enjoyed before keto and plan to CONTINUE to enjoy but with some minor changes and alterations ;).
So with that said, Say hello to my keto version of those breakfast biscuits we all know and love.
5 Min Keto Biscuit Thins
These are PERFECT for making sausage mcmuffins, egg mcmuffins, melting cheese on top of and making mini pizzas..or even being lazy like me and just slathering some cream cheese and/or sugar-free jam on top! Whichever way you choose to eat them, I hope you are as pleased with them as I am!
Keto Biscuit Thins – Serves 1-2 (Makes 2 biscuit thins, aka a top and a bottom!)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp seasoning of choice (I use a blend of onion flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper OR a little bit of sweetener and cinnamon for a sweet version)
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp(35g) full fat sour cream
- Butter -optional to brush on the tops
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the sour cream and stir well until a thick dough forms.
- Knead the dough a bit in your hands to fully bring it together before separating into 2 chunks.
- Roll each chunk into a ball and flatten them into circles on a greased baking sheet.
- Press the edges in and smooth the circle to prevent any cracks.
- OPTIONAL: Brush the dough with butter and sprinkle any toppings you’d like such as shredded cheese, parmesan etc.
- Bake for 5-6min, remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheet to cool for 3-4mins before using as a topper.
Nutrition facts per biscuit: 136 calories | 9.3g fat | 3.5 NET carbs | 4g protein & 4.8g fibre
Nutrition facts for both biscuits: 272 calories | 18.5g fat | 7 NET carbs | 8g protein & 9.6g fibre