KETO NANAIMO CHEESECAKE SQUARES
I'm so happy to share these with you guys! They turned out so much better than I expected!
I always had the idea in the back of my mind to create a cheesecake of some sort with the crust and topping of a Nanaimo bar but never got around to it…that is, until I realized I had a bar of cream cheese I really needed to use up!
I am SO GLAD I decided to finally go for it. These are delicious and look awesome when cut into small squares. The filling is slightly different than a standard cheesecake because we use a bit of heavy cream and xanthan gum to give it a Nanaimo bar custard-like texture.
These are honestly so tasty I had to stop myself at 3 pieces..as I'm sure I could have continued. Anyways, I hope you enjoy these keto nanaimo cheesecake squares as much as I did!!
Keto Nanaimo Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (130g) almond flour
- 3 tbsp (15g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60g) melted butter
- 2 tbsp(10g) finely chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp(10g) flaked or finely chopped shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tbsp truvia (or ~2-3 tbsp of another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 1 tbsp splenda (or another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup splenda (OR another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 2 tbsp truvia (OR 5 tbsp of another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp(30g) heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 300*F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of your crust ingredients and stir until a dry, dough-like mixture forms.
- Press the dough into the bottom of an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper. Place in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, beat together your cream cheese, xanthan gum and sweeteners.
- Next add your heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy.
- Finally, add your eggs and beat until combined.
- Remove your crust from the fridge and pour the filling on top, smoothing the surface evenly with a spatula and tapping lightly on the counter to make sure everything is level.
- Bake for 30min at 300*F and then turn the oven off and leave in for an additional 10min.
- Cool for 10min on the counter and then refrigerate for at LEAST 2 hours before topping.
- For the topping, microwave the chocolate-chips and cream in 30s intervals until melted, stir to combine.
- Gently pour this mixture over the top of the cheese cake and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate again for 30min to an hour before slicing into squares. Enjoy!
Nutrition per square (based on 28 servings): 9g of fat | 1.2g of NET carbs | 2.6g of protein | 1.5g of fibre
*Note: You can add an additional tablespoon or so of sweetener if you prefer a sweeter bar more like traditional nanimo!