KETO PEPPERMINT BROWNIE CHEESECAKE
OH MAN. If you want your kitchen smelling like a chocolatey, rich, holiday happy heaven..then look no further.
This Keto Peppermint Brownie Cheesecake had us drooling as it baked.
The house smelled like it was ready for a viewing.
(You know in the movies when they bake the chocolate-chip cookies and take them out of the oven right before showing the house..no just me?)
Anyways, if you make this cake and bring it to a family gathering this Christmas, I guarantee you’ll have people begging for the recipe and asking you to come back with it every year (I’m just warning you in advance, it’s that good). Continue reading “KETO PEPPERMINT BROWNIE CHEESECAKE (Easy)”
KETO NANAIMO CHEESECAKE SQUARES
I’m so happy to share these with you guys! They turned out so much better than I expected!
I always had the idea in the back of my mind to create a cheesecake of some sort with the crust and topping of a Nanaimo bar but never got around to it…that is, until I realized I had a bar of cream cheese I really needed to use up!
I am SO GLAD I decided to finally go for it. These are delicious and look awesome when cut into small squares. The filling is slightly different than a standard cheesecake because we use a bit of heavy cream and xanthan gum to give it a Nanaimo bar custard-like texture.
These are honestly so tasty I had to stop myself at 3 pieces..as I’m sure I could have continued. Anyways, I hope you enjoy these keto nanaimo cheesecake squares as much as I did!! Continue reading “Keto Nanaimo Cheesecake Squares”
Well, here I am again with yet another pumpkin recipe…and yet another truffle recipe. I honestly love the ease of not having to bake dessert. No-bake is the WAY TO GO when you are as lazy as I am.
These little things are tasty, not difficult to put together and are a life-savour when it comes to drowning in Halloween treats full of carbs and sugar and other scary ingredients…(see what I did there? 😉 )
They are not overly sweet and are the perfect balance between soft and crunchy with the delicious cheesecake style filling and chocolate-coconut coating on the outside!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Continue reading “Keto No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles”
Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year for several reasons…
- I get to dress up and use my creative skills to create make-up looks I’d NEVER wear normally.
- I get to bake all sorts of fun and cool looking desserts..
- I get to hand out candy (I love seeing all the kids in their costumes!) and…
- It’s always right around my birthday!
So with that in mind, I was inspired to create the PERFECT cake for those people who have October birthdays or for those just looking to bring something delicious and keto-friendly to their next Halloween get-together! Did I mention it’s also super easy to put together and tastes like fudgey-chocolatey-cheesecake happiness? If you don’t believe me..give it shot for yourself!
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp truvia (or 2 tbsp splenda or swerve)
- 3 tbsp splenda or swerve (or more to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/8th tsp vanilla extract
- Orange food colouring as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients for the brownie layer.
- Add your eggs, coconut oil and vanilla and mix until well combined. Fold in your chocolate-chips if using, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the ingredients for the cream cheese layer. Add your food colouring as desired and beat again.
- Grease a cake pan with butter or coconut oil and then use a spatula to scrape the brownie mixture into the pan, reserving a few tablespoons of the brownie mixture for topping.
- Use your spatula to smooth the brownie batter into place and then pour your cream cheese mixture on top.
- Gently smooth your cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Next drop spoonfuls of the brownie batter on top and swirl into the cream cheese batter(this doesn’t have to be perfect!)
- Bake at 350* for roughly 25min or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top layer forms small cracks/is set.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5-10min and then place in the fridge for AT LEAST an hour before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy!! (Store covered in the fridge)
Nutrition per 1/8th of cake: 320cals| 30g of fat | 1.4g of NET carbs | 8g of protein | 3.4g of fibre
(You could easily cut this into smaller slices for half the calories, it is very filling!)