I love pizza and I love crackers..therefore, the Keto Pizza Crackers were destined to be born. (Especially after I bought some great dips only to realize I had nothing to dip in them).
These crackers not only taste AWESOME (like a cross between a mozzarella stick and a cracker!!), they also pack a ton of health benefits. They are high in protein and high in Omega-3 fatty acids which can be lacking in a typical diet. If you’ve ever experience the dreaded “dry eyes” from going low-carb, these crackers will be a great help!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Serves: 4 (about 9 crackers each)
- 1/2 cup(52g) flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup(56g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup(24g) kraft parmesan (dry)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- Spices: (optional) 1/8 tsp of each: Basil, oregano, chili pepper flakes salt, pepper, rosemary, majoram, thyme, garlic and onion powder OR 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp(30g) olive oil
- 2 tbsp(15g) mozarella cheese
- 2 tsp(10g) cream cheese
- 2 tsp(10g) egg whites
- 1/2 tbsp water (or as needed)
- Pre-heat oven to 400* F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add your egg whites and olive oil. Melt the cream cheese and mozzarella (about 20-30s in the microwave), stir and add it as well.
- Using a spoon (I found my hands worked best!) combine all ingredients into a soft dough ball. Add a little water as needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or tinfoil(if using tinfoil, spray well with oil). Press the dough down with your hands to form a thin rectangular shape(rolling pins won’t work well). Be sure to fix any cracks or gaps(these will not be an issue after baking!)
- Optional: Sprinkle the top with additional parmesan, salt and basil.
- Optional: Gently cut into desired shapes using a pizza cutter before baking OR you can just break the whole chunk after baking.
- Bake for 6-8min then broil the top for a final minute (WATCH CLOSELY WHEN BROILING. I burnt the first batch this way LOL).
- Cool then remove from the baking sheet and enjoy with some low-carb marinara sauce or pizza dip! (SO GOOD)