Dessert for breakfast is kinda my thing if you haven't noticed…
Thankfully these muffins are packed with healthy fats, micronutrients and fibre that will keep you full for hours! A muffin with a cup of bullet-proof coffee has become my new go-to breakfast!
These are super easy to make and freeze well for an easy make-ahead breakfast or snack!
- 1 3/4(196g) cup almond flour
- 1/4 +2 tbsp(52g) cellucor chocolate whey protein
- 1/2 cup+1 tbsp(54g) cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp splenda**
- 3 tbsp truvia**
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil(120g) (I used half butter/half coconut oil this time!)
- 1/4 cup(60g) vitafiber syrup*
- 1 1/2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini(300g)
- 1/4 cup(60g) sugar-free chocolate chips (I use Krisda)
*If not using vitafiber syrup, you can try adding an additional 30-60g almond flour and a bit of almond milk or heavy cream, you'll also need a little more sweetener.
**You can use all of one sweetener to replace the 2. Just take into account the fact that Truvia is 3x sweetener than sugar so you'll likely need 7-9 tbsp of a typical sweetener that measures like sugar rather than the 3 tbsp called for.
Vitafiber acts like a flour and sugar substitute and helps the muffins to rise slightly better.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350*
- Spray/grease 2 muffin pans with coconut oil or line with muffin wrappers (I also spray the wrapper with coconut oil to prevent sticking!)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in your wet ingredients and then fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips (I reserved 1 tbsp(15g) chocolate-chips to decorate the tops), add additional sweetener if needed.
- Use a muffin scoop to evenly disperse the batter to make 15 muffins.
- Top the muffins with a couple chocolate chips each and place in the oven for 15-18min.
- Muffins should be almost set (DO NOT over-bake!). They are meant to be fudgey so after 5-7min remove from the pan and let them cool on a wire rack to set fully. (OR eat one immediately because being impatient is a part of baking).
- Store in an air-tight container after muffins have cooled completely. Freeze, store on the counter for a few days or store in the fridge! Enjoy!
Nutrition (1 muffin): 16F/5C(NET)/7P & 7g fibre