Alright guys, I’m going to straight-up say that this Keto Pizza Lasagna is BETTER than traditional lasagna.
I know I’m biased, yes. But MAN.
The noodles alone I could eat 30..
The pizza toppings..the mozzarella, the bacon..
This is one epic Keto meal.
All I’m saying is, if you make this, you will not be disappointed.
In-fact, your entire family will be praising you and asking you to re-make this again and again.
It may even become a staple in your household..it’s that good.
As I said in my previous post, I prefer these noodles to real noodles. They are thickkk and delicious with TONS of flavour.
Plus they are made with a bunch of cheese so obviously they’re going to be amazing.
Anyways, so I don’t continue boring you with my intro, I’ll get right to the recipe.
Keto Pizza Lasagna WITH NOODLES
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (130g)
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (~130g) mushrooms, chopped
- 2oz finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic
- 1/4 tsp onion Powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (30g) sliced green or black olives (optional)
- ~18 pepperoni slices (85g)
- 3/4 cup of lower-carb pasta sauce (I used Classico Tomato Basil )
- 3/4 cup (90g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 tbsp (90g) ricotta cheese
- Bacon pieces (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9×13 baking dish with tinfoil sprayed with oil or parchment paper.
2. In mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together cream cheese and eggs.
3. Next, add Parmesan cheese, mozzarella and spices. Mix with a fork to combine.
4. Spread the mixture into the baking dish, forming an even layer.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. When the “noodles” are done baking, cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes and then cut into thirds. This makes three perfectly sized “noodle” layers for an 8.5 X 4.5 X 2.5 loaf pan.*NOTE: You can also make the noodles ahead of time and store them in your fridge or freezer!)
For The Pizza Filling
7. Heat a frying pan and a bit of olive oil over medium heat.
8. Add your mushrooms, peppers, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. Sauté until tender. (Cover and stir occasionally, cook for ~5min)
9. Once cooked, let the mixture cool down a bit before mixing in your olives if using.
Putting The Lasagna Together
10. Pre-heat oven to 350*F and then pour ¼ cup marinara sauce into the bottom of a loaf pan. Top with the first “noodle” layer.
11. Add 1/3 of the pepperoni slices, bacon pieces, ricotta, vegetable mixture and 1/4 cup mozzarella and cover with another “noodle” layer. Repeat these steps for the next noodle.
12. Add the final “lasagna” noodle and top with the last 3rd of the fillings.
13. Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30min or until everything is hot and cooked through.
14. Serve warm or cool and cover with saran wrap. Refrigerate for later! (It’s great re-heated in the microwave the next day!!)
Enjoy your delicious Keto Pizza Lasagna!!
- You can also use 4% cottage cheese instead of ricotta, it also tastes great!
- You can use fresh or dry parmesan for the noodles. I prefer fresh for taste!
- Feel free to add italian sausage, roasted red peppers..goat cheese in place of the ricotta…or whatever other pizza toppings you enjoy!
- Food Scale I use: Greater Goods Nourish Digital Kitchen Scale