GUYS. WHERE DO I BEGIN. These are heavenly. Dense, fudgey, rich..exactly how a brownie should be. I took these to a product demo and the comments included “These are amazing!!” “Are you sure there's no sugar in these..like you are SURE?!” “Where can I buy them?”, “WOW”, “This is healthy?”…”Um..do you have any left?”
The whole tray was gone within just over an hour. I even had kids enjoying them just as much!
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites (and that's saying a lot considering my website contains 100's of recipes).
So, without further ado, this is how you make the most amazing keto-friendly two-bite fat bomb brownies:
Serves: 32 small brownies OR 16 regular
- 1/2 cup(120g) coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs, room temperature*
- 1/4 cup truvia (OR 3/4 cup of a sweetener of your choice, that measures like sugar)
- 1 cup Splenda (OR 1 cup of a sweetener of your choice, that measures like sugar)
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses (optional, adds a brown sugar flavour, you can omit if you’d like)
- 1/4 cup vitafiber syrup, room temperature*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar-free Krisda chocolate chips (OR Lily’s chocolate OR unsweetened baker’s chocolate that’s been melted with stevia added to taste)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup(112g) almond flour
- 1 & 1/2 scoop(56g) chocolate protein powder-I use this one**
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup(60g) chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/4 cup(60g) sugar-free Krisda chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350*F.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients (protein powder, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum).
- In a separate large bowl, add your eggs, melted coconut oil, vitafiber syrup, molasses and vanilla extract.
- Using a hand mixer, beat for about a minute.
- Meanwhile, place your chocolate-chips and 1 tbsp coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl for roughly 1:30-2min(stirring every 30s) until melted.
- Add your melted chocolate to your egg mixture and beat until well-combined.
- Next, add the chocolate mixture to your dry ingredients and stir together until a smooth, slightly sticky batter forms.
- Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup pecans (optional) at this time (I kept a few to place on top for decoration).
- Next use a spatula to scrape the batter into the greased baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven for 18-25min OR until a toothpick pricked half-way towards the center ALMOST comes out clean. DO NOT OVER-BAKE. The top should start to rise and get just slightly crunchy while the middle remains soft.
- Cool on a wire-rack and store in an air-tight container OR freeze for another day! Enjoy! 🙂
Nutrition per brownie(I made 32 small bites): 10F/2.5C(NET)/4P & 6.4g fibre
*Keep all of your wet ingredients at room temperature so your coconut oil doesn’t !
*Vitafiber is optional, you can TRY baking them without it by adding another tablespoon or 2 of coconut oil and an extra tbsp or 2 of almond flour but I cannot vouch for the results. Vitafiber is great for adding a little “crispness” to the tops of low-carb baked goods and creates a texture similar to that of caramelized sugar! I highly recommend giving it a go if you haven’t tried it yet.
**Protein powder is also optional, you can replace this with an equal amount of almond flour(56g or 1/2 cup) if you choose to omit it.