I don't know about you, but anything with “Salted Caramel” in the title immediately draws me in.. same goes for anything with “chocolate” in the title. So when you combine the two in a mini muffin tin… You most-definitely end up with heaven in a cup.
This recipe is super easy!
Each chocolate is high in fibre, low in carbs and down-right delicious.
Here's how I made them:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup splenda granular (sucralose)
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter (have yet to try with coconut oil!)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Sea salt for topping
*Alternatively you can try using a very dark chocolate OR unsweetened chocolate melted and sweetened with a sweeter OR combine: 1/4 cup melted Coconut Oil, 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder, 2-3 tbsp sweetener of choice & 1/2 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot
- Bring the pot to a boil, stirring constantly for 3-5min or until sauce starts to thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat and pour into a measuring cup.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil and stir until smooth (I just used the microwave, 1:30-2min)
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with coconut oil and spoon the chocolate mixture evenly into the bottom of each one (DO NOT drag it up the sides, I learned the hard way, lol) (I made 7).
- Freeze for 5-10min.
- Top the now hardened chocolate mixture with your caramel sauce, evenly dispersing it between all 6 cups.
- Sprinkle a small pinch of sea salt on each one. (optional)
- Freeze for at least 3 hours or longer. (Longer is ideal so they don't split apart!)
- Pop the cups out with a knife and enjoy!
- Store them in the freezer in an air-tight container!
*Disclaimer*: I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase an item from one of these links.
Nutrition per cup(1/7th): 79 Calories, 7.5F/2.9C(NET)/1.5P & 2.9g fibre