Um, okay let me just say, don't knock it until you try it. The richness of this
dessert ahem, breakfast was outstanding. It's better than regular chocolate pudding plus it's much more filling, low-carb and packed with fibre and protein. Can it get any better?
Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast?
- 1/2 scoop Cellucor Red Velvet Cake Batter Whey (My new favourite protein! you can purchase it here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cellucor/cor-performance-whey.html?&_requestid=1278536 )
- 75g very ripe Avocado
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or a little more depending on the consistency you prefer)
- 1 tbsp natural Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup egg whites (2 large egg whites)
- 2 tbsp 2% cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp 0% greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (for texture purposes, it makes it less icey. If you don't have this, it will just come out little less smooth but will taste the same!)
- 15 small ice cubes (More for a more ice-cream-like consistency)
- Optional: Truvia or another sweetener to taste (Personally I found it sweet enough and didn't add any but it's up to you!)
Place the ice in the blender along with the egg whites and all other ingredients (I find it blends better with the dry ingredients placed on top). Blend until smooth and add additional ice or almond milk if necessary to reach desired texture. Now place in a bowl and devour! Or feel free to go crazy with some toppings..like coconut, chocolate chips, fruit etc!
Nutrition Facts(serves 1 but could easily make 2 smaller servings): 391 calories, 24g fat, 11g carbs, 33g protein, 11g fibre