Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year for several reasons…
- I get to dress up and use my creative skills to create make-up looks I'd NEVER wear normally.
- I get to bake all sorts of fun and cool looking desserts..
- I get to hand out candy (I love seeing all the kids in their costumes!) and…
- It's always right around my birthday!
So with that in mind, I was inspired to create the PERFECT cake for those people who have October birthdays or for those just looking to bring something delicious and keto-friendly to their next Halloween get-together! Did I mention it's also super easy to put together and tastes like fudgey-chocolatey-cheesecake happiness? If you don't believe me..give it shot for yourself!
- 1/4 cup truvia (or 2/3 cup of sweetener that measures like sugar, ex. splenda or swerve)
- 6 1/2 tbsp splenda or swerve (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup(56g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp(14g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup(48g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 2-3 tbsp of stevia sweetened chocolate-chips
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp truvia (or 2 tbsp splenda or swerve)
- 3 tbsp splenda or swerve (or more to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/8th tsp vanilla extract
- Orange food colouring as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients for the brownie layer.
- Add your eggs, coconut oil and vanilla and mix until well combined. Fold in your chocolate-chips if using, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the ingredients for the cream cheese layer. Add your food colouring as desired and beat again.
- Grease a cake pan with butter or coconut oil and then use a spatula to scrape the brownie mixture into the pan, reserving a few tablespoons of the brownie mixture for topping.
- Use your spatula to smooth the brownie batter into place and then pour your cream cheese mixture on top.
- Gently smooth your cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Next drop spoonfuls of the brownie batter on top and swirl into the cream cheese batter(this doesn't have to be perfect!)
- Bake at 350* for roughly 25min or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top layer forms small cracks/is set.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5-10min and then place in the fridge for AT LEAST an hour before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy!! (Store covered in the fridge)
Nutrition per 1/8th of cake: 320cals| 30g of fat | 1.4g of NET carbs | 8g of protein | 3.4g of fibre
(You could easily cut this into smaller slices for half the calories, it is very filling!)