KETO PEPPERMINT BROWNIE CHEESECAKE
OH MAN. If you want your kitchen smelling like a chocolatey, rich, holiday happy heaven..then look no further.
This Keto Peppermint Brownie Cheesecake had us drooling as it baked.
The house smelled like it was ready for a viewing.
(You know in the movies when they bake the chocolate-chip cookies and take them out of the oven right before showing the house..no just me?)
Anyways, if you make this cake and bring it to a family gathering this Christmas, I guarantee you’ll have people begging for the recipe and asking you to come back with it every year (I’m just warning you in advance, it’s that good).
Even your non-keto family members will be hitting you up for the recipe.
Best part? It’s super easy to make.
That’s right, even you non-bakers who can barely make a decent grilled cheese can work this one. I promise. I believe in you.
This cake is lush, rich, chocolately, fudgey and of course a little minty..It tastes like something you shouldn’t be eating. But in reality it’s 100% keto-friendly.
If you like peppermint patties, fudge, brownies, cheesecake, girl guide peppermint cookies…etc. Then this keto peppermint brownie cheesecake is for you.
If you don’t like mint..well then get out.
I’m just kidding, just bake it minus the mint extract and enjoy your simplified keto brownie cheesecake.
WITH THAT SAID. Enough talking, let’s get to baking this epic Keto Peppermint Brownie Cheesecake recipe…
Keto Peppermint Brownie Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup monk fruit/erythritol blend (~144g) (or another sweetener that measures like sugar TO TASTE)
- 1/2 cup(56g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp(14g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup(48g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter (120g), melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 2-3 tbsp of stevia sweetened chocolate-chips
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp (~88g) monkfruit/erythritol blend (or more or less to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/8th tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp pure peppermint extract (or to taste)
- Green food colouring as needed (I just used a generic brand, this is completely optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients for the brownie layer.
3. Add your eggs, butter and vanilla and mix until well combined. Fold in your chocolate-chips if using, and set aside.
4. In another bowl, beat together the ingredients for the cream cheese layer. Add your food colouring as desired and beat again.
5. Grease a springform pan or cake pan with butter or coconut oil and then use a spatula to scrape the brownie mixture into the bottom of the pan.
6. Use your spatula to smooth the brownie batter into place and then pour your cream cheese mixture on top.
7. Gently smooth your cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture.
8. Bake at 350* for 25min, reduce heat to 325*F and bake for another 5 min, then shut off the oven and leave the door open, letting the cheesecake cool for roughly another 10min inside.
9. Set your keto peppermint brownie cheesecake on a wire rack for 5-10min to cool and then place in the fridge for AT LEAST an hour before slicing and serving.
10. Meanwhile you can mix together your melted chocolate mixture by combining the chocolate-chips and 1/2 tbsp coconut oil in a small bowl and microwaving in 30s increments until melted.
11. Add a small amount of peppermint extract to bowl and mix. (Pure peppermint extract should start to thicken the chocolate mixture, if for some reason yours does not, you can still drizzle the chocolate over the cake).
12. Using spatula, scrape thickened chocolate mint mixture into a small plastic ziplock bag and cut off the corner.
13. Pipe chocolate in your desired pattern across the top of the cake. Place it back in the fridge for a few minutes to harden… then slice and serve!
Enjoy your keto peppermint brownie cheesecake!! (Store covered in the fridge)
Nutrition per 1/8th of cake, no chocolate-chips or garnish included: 310cals| 28g of fat | 1.4g of NET carbs | 8.5g of protein | 3.5g of fibre
Nutrition per 1/8th of cake INCLUDING optional chocolate-chips in crust and garnish: 361cals| 33g of fat | 4g of NET carbs | 9g of protein | 8g of fibre
(You could easily cut this into smaller slices for half the calories, it is very filling!)