A perfect grab-and-go low-carb snack for when you are craving something sweet! These are VERY filling!
- 3 scoops(105g) chocolate protein (I use this one)
- 2 tbsp(12g) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp(9g) almond flour
- 1 tbsp splenda (OR another sweetener)
- 1 tsp truvia (OR 1 TBSP of another sweetener as truvia is 3x as sweet as sugar)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tsp vitafiber syrup(70g) (a high fibre sugar and flour substitute!)
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp (50g) natural almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20g chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp sugar-free chocolate-chips(I use these)
- 2 tbsp almond milk or more as needed * (Add last)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl(this includes the chocolate-chips and almonds).
- In a separate bowl, add your vitafiber. Microwave it for 35s.
- Quickly stir the rest of your wet ingredients into the vitafiber and then add that mixture to your dry ingredients.
- Stir until a dry crumbly mixture forms.
- Use your hands to form a dough. Add almond milk as needed(but as little as you can) to make the dough wet enough to form a solid ball.
- Break the ball into 5 even pieces (about 61g each). Press and form the bars into your desired bar shape. (I use saran wrap layed out on the counter with another piece on top to make it less messy when pressed the dough!)
- Once finished you can add a few additional chocolate chips pressed into the top of the bar for decoration if you wish! Otherwise you can now wrap them individually with saran wrap and freeze or refrigerate them for a quick grab-and-go snack! (I recommend refrigerating them for at least 30min before consuming). Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Bar(1/5 of recipe): 9f/6.5c(NET)/18p & 14.5g fibre (179 calories)