Guys I feel like I made history today.
If you are someone who eats low-carb then you will know what I mean when I say trying to find bread replacement options is NOT EASY.
A lot of keto bread recipes I’ve tried in the past have been huge flops(literally, I’ve seen them deflate before my eyes..LOL). BUT THIS ONE…oh this one is so different.
It’s soft, fluffy, actually tastes GOOD and works as a replacement for so many things! Burger buns, naan bread with dip, cheese bread, pizza crust, you name it!
Did I mention it only takes 2 minutes to prepare and 5-6minutes to bake?
Some Ingredients I’d like to Highlight:
- Almond & Coconut Flour – I use the Kirkland Costco brand of almond flour (I buy it in bulk on Amazon or at Costco itself occasionally) and this brand of coconut flour for this recipe. As I’ve noted in many of my past recipes, the brand of almond and coconut flour can affect the final outcome of the recipe because absorbency can vary depending on how the flour has been processed.
- Vital Wheat Gluten – If you have questions about why I include this ingredient, I wrote an entire article on what it is and why I use Vital Wheat Gluten on my keto diet! I also included where to buy it, how many carbs it contains..and how to use it in different kinds of baking.
(SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM TO SEE A VIDEO OF THE TEXTURE)
So without further ado, here is the top secret amazing recipe I have been raving about. It’s about to rock your world..
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp vital wheat gluten (do not sub! This is the protein extracted from bread that gives it it’s elasticity. It has virtually no carbs and works great in low-carb baking to give items a more traditional feel!)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parmesan and herb seasoning (OR any other seasonings you prefer!)
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp(65g) full fat sour cream
- Olive oil: optional, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the sour cream and stir until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Roll the dough out to your desired thickness, it will rise just slightly. Roll it thinner if you want a crispier result.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle any toppings you’d like such as shredded cheese, parmesan etc.
- Bake for 5min (or longer for crisper texture), you don’t need to flip the bread but you can half-way through if you’d like both sides to be browned.
(I enjoyed mine torn into pieces with some spinach dip!)
Nutrition for the whole flat bread: 17F/7C(NET)/20P
Nutrition for half: 8.5F/3.5C(NET)/10P (This is a perfect serving as it’s quite filling!)
*Disclaimer: This post contains some affiliate links
OTHER SIMILAR RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE: