may be ARE the best keto cookie I have made to date (and I’ve made A LOT).
Chocolatey, rich, fudgey and delicious. The combo of a brownie and a cookie creates perfection.
This don’t take long to make and are so worth the process. If you have a nagging chocolate craving, make these cookies now and you won’t be disappointed!
The special ingredient that gives these cookies their ultra soft, gooey, chewy texture is Vitafiber Syrup.
This is a low-carb, high fibre substitute, great for replacing corn syrup and maple syrup in recipes. It’s also a perfect addition to cookies, no-bake bars and candies.
You can find Vitafiber and many additional delicious recipes including it here: Vitafiber IMO Website
- 2 tbsp(30g) butter, softened
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tbsp truvia (or 3 tbsp additional splenda)**
- 1/4 cup splenda
- 1/8 tsp blackstrap molasses (optional, creates the illusional flavour of brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp(15g) vitafiber syrup (helps immensely with texture!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp(90g) sugar-free chocolate-chips (I use Krisda or Lily’s Chocolate)*
- 1 tsp butter(5g)
- 6 tbsp(42g) almond flour
- 1 tbsp(6g) cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional, helps with texture)
- 1/4 cup(30g) chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar-free chocolate-chips
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, beat together 2 tbsp butter, egg, sweeteners, vitafiber and vanilla for 2min.
- In a separate bowl, microwave your chocolate-chips and the 1 tsp of butter in 30s increments until melted.
- Beat the melted chocolate into your egg/butter mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the dry ingredients just until combined and then fold in the pecans and the final tbsp of chocolate-chips.
- Place your batter in the freezer for 7-8min and preheat your oven to 350*.
- Spray or grease a large baking sheet with oil.
- Drop the batter by heaping tbsp’s onto the cookie sheet.
- Lightly flatten each with the back of an oiled spoon.
- Bake for 8-10min. (The should still be a bit soft when they come out! Do not over-bake)
- Let the cookies sit on the tray to cool for 10-15 min before moving onto a wire rack.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight container on the counter or in the freezer for a quick snack later on!
*You can use 1 sweetener for the entire recipe, just take into account that truvia is 3x sweeter than regular sugar so you’ll need 3x the amount for a typical sweetener like erythritol or splenda.
**You can choose to use unsweetened baker’s chocolate instead of the chocolate-chips mentioned, just be sure to add a bit of extra sweetener to the recipe.
Nutrition per cookie: 8.5F/3C(NET)/2P & 5g fibre (94cals)