This doesn't sound like much..but trust me it's good, creamy & rich with half the fat and double the protein of regular egg salad. This makes a delicious, filling low-carb meal on it's own or it would go great on a sandwich! You can increase or decrease the spice based on personal preference.
- 1 whole egg boiled chopped
- 1 can of tuna (about 140g) shredded
- 1 cup egg whites seasoned with black pepper and a little salt cooked like a pancake (cooked in a pan sprayed with pam over medium-low heat, flip half way through, don't brown the egg too much, just enough!) slice into chunks and place in the fridge to chill.
- 70g ripe avocado chopped into chunks(about 1/3 of a large avocado)
- 2 tbsp 2% cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1 whole Green Onion finely chopped
- Sriracha Sauce to taste
- salt/pepper to taste
In a food processor, combine 1/2 the avocado chunks, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, a little salt/pepper and some sriracha sauce to taste and mix until smooth. (If you are lazy like me, you can just mash everything together decently well with a fork, haha).
Putting it together:
In a medium bowl, combine your egg whites & egg. Before adding in the tuna, stir it into the sauce you created and then add the tuna/sauce mixture to the eggs along with the leftover avocado chunks. Mix well and sprinkle with green onion. Give it one last toss and top with additional sriracha sauce as desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition for entire recipe: 16g fat, 10g carbs, 40g protein & 5g fibre