Low-Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stir-Fry…need I say more?
Honestly, I'm not sure what else to say about this recipe other than the fact that it's super simple to make, tastes amazing and smashes and Philly Cheesesteak craving..
I've added zucchini noodles to this recipe as I find it gives the dish more body and adds some “heartiness” to it.
The delicious meat combined with the melty, gooey cheese and sautéed peppers and onions make this Low-Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stir-Fry a recipe for the books.
I make this on a regular basis when I'm running low on time as it's easy to whip together without much of a mess in the kitchen (necessary for us “always in a hurry” type of people).
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper cut into thin slices
- 1 small onion, also cut into thin slices
- 1 clove garlic
- 400g (~ 1lb) thinly sliced, cooked sirloin steak (I use the Lou's Philly Style Shaved Steak packaged meat for this, it has a few carbs but it adds so much flavour!)
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized (you can use a peeler and peel thin slices if you do not have a spiralizer
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- Heat a skillet with the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, peppers and garlic and lightly sauté, covered, stirring every now and then until softened.
- Uncover and add the meat to the pan along with your zucchini noodles and turn the heat to high.
- Stir everything to warm the meat and cook the zucchini noodles (about 1-2min). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Next turn down the heat and place your provolone slices on top and cover until melted. (I actually just broke mine up and stirred them in but you can put them on top to make it more visually appealing when serving! lol).
- Serve warm or keep in a sealed plastic tupperware container in the fridge for later!