Well, here I am again with yet another pumpkin recipe…and yet another truffle recipe. I honestly love the ease of not having to bake dessert. No-bake is the WAY TO GO when you are as lazy as I am.
These little things are tasty, not difficult to put together and are a life-savour when it comes to drowning in Halloween treats full of carbs and sugar and other scary ingredients…(see what I did there? 😉 )
They are not overly sweet and are the perfect balance between soft and crunchy with the delicious cheesecake style filling and chocolate-coconut coating on the outside!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- 3/4 cup almond flour(84g)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour (21g)
- 2 1/2 tbsp Truvia (or ~7 tbsp of another sweetener that measures like sugar)
- 2 tsp Swerve (or another sweeter that measures like sugar)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup(60g) cream cheese, room-temp
- 3 tbsp(45g) pumpkin purée
- 1/2 tbsp(8g) 14% sour cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Orange food colouring-optional
- 1/4 cup(30g) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice
- In a medium bowl, combine all of your dry filling ingredients.
- Next stir in your wet ingredients until a thick dough begins to form (Tip: add your coconut flour last as needed to reach desired consistency as some coconut flours can be more absorbent than others)
- Chill the dough for 5min before rolling into 15 balls.
- Place the balls on a greased plate in the freezer for roughly 15-20min or longer if possible.
- Next melt you chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwaveable bowl. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl or on a shallow plate, combine your shredded coconut and sweetener.
- Remove the dough balls from the freezer and using a spoon, dip them first in the chocolate and then roll them in the coconut mixture 1 at a time. (Tip: I found using half of the coconut first and then putting the other half on another clean plate for the second half of the balls resulted in less waste and a “neater” looking final product).
- Place the balls on a plate lined with parchment and place them back in the freezer for 20min before serving. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge for later! Enjoy!