Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins
Recipe Type: Dessert, Snack, Breakfast
Gluten-Free, filling, high-fibre muffins, perfect for a snack or a quick breakfast grab.
-“The best muffin I ever ate”.
-“So moist, much better than the store-bought ones!.”
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Truvia
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Coconut oil -melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- 2x 104ml containers unsweetened apple sauce (~7.5oz)
- 1 cup ground oats or oat flour (4oz)
- 1/4 cup almond flour (1.2oz)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (optional-helps with texture)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/16 tsp cloves
- 1/2 a medium apple, chopped into small chunks
- 2oz of chopped almonds, walnuts or pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F.
- In a medium bowl, combine oat flour(or ground oats), almond flour, spices, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together sugar, Truvia and coconut oil.
- Next, whisk in the eggs and applesauce.
- Gradually add your dry mixture to the wet ingredients, whisking well to combine.
- Fold in the apple and almonds then spoon into a lined muffin tray.
- Optional. top with additional apple/almond pieces for presentation.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 21-25min or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is no longer wet to the touch.
- *Careful not to under-bake*
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Optional: Brush the tops with butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar OR mix together the ingredients for the simple glaze and drizzle on top.
Serving size: 1 Muffin
Calories: 184, 21 Carbs, 4g protein