Delicious, sweet and soft, these Low Carb Apple Cinnamon Muffins are super simple to make and are a perfect “healthier” dessert option!
These are great for a quick make-ahead breakfast and freeze well.
I’ve included both a regular gluten-free apple cinnamon muffin version and a low carb apple cinnamon muffin version below so make whichever one best fits your dietary needs!
Low Carb Apple Cinnamon Muffin Ingredients:
- Truvia – Since I’ve re-made this recipe many times, I’ve switched over to using a monkfruit/erythritol blend instead of truvia. The reason being.. It’s much more keto-friendly in terms of it’s effect on insulin levels and it probably has the closest taste to real sugar! I highly recommend trying it out. I use this blend from SoNourished.
- Almond & Coconut Flour – I use the Kirkland Costco brand of almond flour (I buy it in bulk on Amazon or at Costco itself occasionally) and this brand of coconut flour for this recipe. As I’ve noted in many of my past recipes, the brand of almond and coconut flour can affect the final outcome of the recipe because absorbency can vary depending on how the flour has been processed.
- Blackstrap molasses– I use this as a brown sugar alternative. You can leave this out but it adds really great flavour for minimal carbs!
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffin Tips
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before baking for best results.
Tools I used to Make Sugar Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
– Low Carb Substitution Guide – This is totally optional but if you like my recipes, I now have a $5 guide available with all of the substitutions I use to create every recipe on my site. You can use this to convert old traditional recipes and create new keto recipes! You can purchase it here and/or read more if you are interested. 🙂 I appreciate your support so much guys!
– Nutritional Food Scale – AKA my best friend. This little buddy has been with me for over 4 years and never fails. Perfect measurements and only needs the batteries replaced maybe once a year!