Hey guys 🙂 Today I woke up a bit later than usual after being out later for Canada Day. I wasn't in the mood for my typical sweet breakfast since it felt more like lunch time! So instead I put together this beautiful salad with what we had in the fridge. It tasted awesome! I love how something so simple can taste so delicious. I thought I'd share the recipe instead of just posting a picture this time…
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 5-6 chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 large slice of tomato, chopped
- 1/2 a large green onion(or one small) chopped
- 1/4 cup or 44g rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 12g or 0.4 ounces of unripened herbed goat cheese (I love the president's choice brand, for those without a scale I think it's about 1 large tbsp) crumbled
- 7 large almonds crushed (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 piece of fresh basil and oregano (you can use dried to taste if you don't have fresh but fresh really makes all the difference!)
- 1-1.5 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
Directions: Simply place all your salad ingredients in a bowl, stir together your dressing and drizzle on top, then toss. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: 223 calories, 12g fat(healthy fats!), 20g carbs, 7g fibre, 9g protein (Also a healthy source of vitamin A and C!)
What's your favourite untraditional breakfast?