I had this burger the other night at the strangest place…the movie theatre! YUP. I ate a delicious burger while watching the newest 50 Shades release. We were in the VIP section where they take your order, have heated seats and chairs that are basically lazy-boys. I don’t think I can ever go back to regular movie theatres guys..
BUT that’s beside the point. This burger was delicious! It had goat cheese, avocado and a bruschetta topping. The kitchen staff were wonderful in accommodating my bun-less request and the burger came out looking beautiful!
After eating it, I was positive I would have to re-make it at home considering how delicious it was and it really is a nice light alternative from eating foods heavy in cream and cheese.
This post is less like a burger recipe and more like a topping recipe, lol. But it was so good I had to share. I bought the burgers frozen (I used these) but you can make your own fresh, maybe even use some greek spices and stuff them with goat cheese…hmmm future recipe idea I think!
Anyways, here’s how to put together this delicious burger:
-Beef Burger Patty (Homemade, store-bought, your choice!)
-1-1 1/2oz thick slice of fresh goat cheese
-1/2 a small avocado(about 40-50g) sliced thinly
- 1/2 a roma tomato chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp(7-10g) grated fresh parmesan
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Optional: Green or red onion
- Mix all bruschetta ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 1/2 an hour to blend flavours.
- Cook burger to your desired liking.
- Place small pieces of romaine on a place to create a bed for the burger.
- Immediately top the burger with the goat cheese, avocado slices and then the bruschetta.
- Consume with a fork and knife. Simple as that!
Nutrition for the toppings (add to whichever burger you choose to use): 18F/3C(NET)/9P & 4g fibre