OKAYYYYY. I hope you all are as hyped up as I am for this recipe.
I DON'T EVEN LIKE pork rinds and I'm pumped!
This Low Carb Pork Rind Bread is just everything.
So many possibilities..
It's soft with a slight chew..flavourful, not bland or dry at all.
I could grab a bowl of hot spinach dip and slather this bread in it until my heart's content.
It's SO GOOD.
The best part? It's also so SIMPLE TO MAKE. Like seriously, 10 minutes and there you have it. Soft, warm sandwich bread.
Who would have thought that pork rinds..something I typically despise (sorry to all the pork rind lovers out there)..could create something so awesome and delicious.
Low Carb Pork Rind Bread
- 1/4 cup(32g) ground pork rinds (~18 pieces or 2 measuring cups whole, you can find already ground pork rinds here)
- 1 tbsp(7g) coconut flour
- 2 tbsp(21g) vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1 tsp parmesan and herb seasoning (or seasoning of your choice)
- 3 1/2 tbsp (52g) full fat sour cream
- 1 tsp water
- 1/16 tsp salt* (optional, pork rinds themselves are already quite salty so I wouldn't recommend adding much)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450*F
2. In a food processor, grind your pork rinds until they become fine granules.
3. In a bowl, add all of the dry ingredients including the pork rinds.
4. Stir with a fork to combine.
5. Mix in your sour cream and water until a soft dough begins to form.
6. Use your hands to knead the dough together until is forms a nice ball.
7. Place the ball of dough on a greased baking sheet and begin to flatten it using your hands.
8. Form the dough into a circular or square flat shape, pressing to the thinness that you desire (the dough will rise just slightly).
9. Bake for 6-7min or until bottom is lightly browned but top of dough is still soft.
10. Cool on the baking sheet before removing with a spatula and serving warm or you can store it in the freezer in a ziplock and takeout about an hour before serving!
Enjoy you're AMAZING 10 Min Pork Rind Bread!