Hey everyone! Today I modified a favourite brownie recipe of mine to make a healthy version, the perfect portion size for one. The result? This brownie is the most rich, decadent, mouthwatering healthy dessert I think I’ve made to date. It may be because I have a deep passion for the perfect brownie or just the fact that this dessert is pure chocolate heaven. Whatever reason, you should immediately pick up the ingredients and make this asap so you can agree with me! No guilt, no working out to “burn off your dessert”. Just eat, savour and enjoy.
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp +1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil (could sub olive oil or melted butter) *Could sub extra banana but the result will be less fudgey*
- Scant 2 tbsp mashed banana(or 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp splenda (or more for a sweeter brownie, just add slowly to taste)
- 1 tsp mini chocolate chips(5g) (I used the enjoy life brand, 1 tsp is more than you think if you do not have a scale to measure 5g)
Preheat an oven to 350*. Spray a small ramekin with olive oil. In a separate small bowl, stir together all dry ingredients then add in wet ingredients and stir with a fork until combined *(add splenda last to taste). Stir in half of the mini chocolate chips then sprinkle the rest on top. Pour the batter into the ramekin using a spatula to scrape the bowl clean. Place in the centre of the oven for 15-17min. Do not overbake! Feel free to under bake for a more fudgey brownie. (Use a tooth pick to check if the brownie is done). Now remove from oven and grab a fork, dig in and enjoy your little masterpiece!
Nutrition Facts: 228 calories, 19g carbs, 15g fat, 7g protein, 6g fibre