This is the second keto-dough I've tried frying(okay actually the third but the 2nd attempt was a complete failure so we don't need to discuss that, lol).
I do have to say though, the coconut flour version may fry a bit better and did seem to be a less crumbly more cookie-like textured dough.
So with that said, I will link the original dough in this post along with the one I made today so you can decide which you prefer (or which you have the correct ingredients for!).
I wasn't going to post this as a recipe, it was more just me messing around but I really did enjoy the dough and it was SO extremely filling. I think it's a great sweet-tooth killer that's actually good for you!
I recommend dipping it in my cream cheese frosting listed below as that was literally the icing on the cake.
I also fried a few small ones with cream cheese inside and then rolled them in cinnamon sugar in another attempt so you definitely can get creative with this recipe.
Click HERE for First Cookie Dough Recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 3):
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten (optional, helps with texture-use an extra tbsp of almond flour if not using)
- 1 tbsp splenda
1/2 tbsp truvia
1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of cinnamon(optional)
- 3 tbsp(45g) mini or regular sugar-free chocolate chips (I use Krisda typically)
Optional Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in your beaten egg, melted butter and vanilla until thick dough starts to form,
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough with your hands, combining the ingredients and forming a ball.
- Place the ball in the fridge while you heat your oil on high, in a large frying pan.
- Using a thermometer, heat your oil until 375* is reached, then fry your dough (turn down the oil or remove from heat so it does not go into the 400* range when frying).
- Remove the dough from the fridge and form it into 3 balls.
- Using a large (preferably)round spatula place the dough balls gently into the oil.
- Fry for roughly 1-2 minutes (more or less depending on how cooked you want the inside to be).
- Rotate it a few times in the oil before removing and setting on a piece of paper towel to drain.
- Optional: Combine the frosting ingredients and use as a dip to serve for cookie dough ball with! (SO GOOD). Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving(1/3 of recipe): 19F/8C(NET)/10P & 10g fibre