Serves 1: (5 mini or 2 regular size breadsticks)
- 1/4 cup+1tsp egg whites
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp unflavoured whey protein (Quest is great)
- 2 tsp psyllium husk
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (optional but recommended)
- Seasonings(optional but recommended):
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp dry parmesan (6g)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil or butter (7g)
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy
- Stir egg whites and water into the dry mixture.
- It should be a wet dough but not very sticky.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Fill a small plastic ziplock bag with the dough and clip the corner off.
- Pipe 5 mini breadsticks (or 2 large) onto the parchment.
- Bake for 8-10 min or until the centre is cooked.
- Remove from oven and brush with olive oil mixed with a little garlic powder and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve with a side of pizza or pasta sauce for dipping!
- Enjoy! 🙂
Follow: @sammysamgirl for more!
Per Serving (all 5 mini breadsticks): 13F/2.5C(NET)/13.5P & 11g fibre