Serves: 4 (~1 1/4 cup servings)
- 4 cups chicken or beef broth
- 600-700g chopped cauliflower and/or broccoli
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (35%) heavy whipping cream*
- 45g (1 1/2 oz) cheddar cheese*
- Pepper to taste
- Bring broth to boil.
- Add your cauliflower/broccoli and garlic to the pot
- Simmer uncovered until cauliflower/broccoli can be easily sliced with a knife (about 15min)
- Remove from heat and use a hand held electric blender to puree the soup. Leave partially chunky if desired 😉 *
- Place pot back over medium heat and add the cream and cheese.
- Stir until melted and combined
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with sliced cooked bacon pieces or parmesan crisps OR refrigerate and re-heat for an easy meal later on!
*If you don't have a hand held blender, you can use a stand blender, just be sure to cool the mixture a bit before blending!
*This recipe is easily customizable, you can add more or less cream and cheese to taste, you can also switch up the type of cheese if you'd like!
Per Serving(~300g prepared): 9F/6C(Net)/6P & 3g fibre
Follow: @sammysamgirl for more!