One of my personal favourites, it’s different from your everyday cream cheese wrap and packs a punch of flavour! Don’t believe me? Try it out and tell me you don’t fall in love with them like I did!
We make these all the time for parties and special occasions. Everyone always enjoys them! So here it is..a healthier version of them! This recipe originally came from a janet and greta cookbook but I modified it a bit to make it even tastier and healthier!
NOTE – PLEASE SEE MY UPDATED 2020 POST ON THESE HERE FOR MORE THOROUGH DIRECTIONS: Keto Red Pepper and Cream Cheese Pinwheels
Chicken Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- 1 6-inch Whole wheat wrap
- 1/4 cup shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp green onion(or more to taste)
- 2 large tbsp minced red pepper (you can sub green but red really makes the recipe!)
- 2 tbsp fat-free or low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tbsp low-fat sourcream
- 1 tsp red pepper jelly (This is what gives the wraps their unique flavour! A little goes a long way so add what you like if you find this is to little)
- In medium bowl, combine chicken, cheddar cheese, green onions, and red pepper. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, and red-pepper jelly with electric mixer at low speed (or fork)
- On one of the tortillas, spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture on one side of the tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/3 chicken mixture, leaving a 1/2 inch border of just cream cheese around the edge
- Roll tortilla up tightly, jelly-roll style, and seal the ends. Wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat process with remaining tortillas
- Refrigerate wrapped tortillas for at least 2 hrs. Remove the plastic wrap, cut in half or into small pinwheels. Serve cold.
Nutrition Facts for one 6-inch wrap: 4g sugar, 20 carbs, 4.5g fat, 24g protein
For a party:
- 1 cup cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup sweet red pepper, minced
- 4 oz. (113 g.) light or fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. low-fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp. hot red-pepper jelly
- 3 9-inch whole-wheat tortillas