Guys. Guys. Guys.
I hate this term but actually.. I CAN'T EVEN.
These turned out SO MUCH better than expected!!
They are light, fluffy and chewy..OH and the frosting.. I could literally put that on a shoe and I'd be happy.
It's that good.
If you love Cinnabons, actually even if you don't (I'm not a huge fan of them myself) you need to make these NOW.
They contain no sugar, no white flour and are packed with protein and fibre.
It's actually still hard for me to comprehend.
ANYWAYS HERE IS THE RECIPE.
-2 tbsp(30g) grass-fed butter (softened)
-1 tbsp(15g) egg whites
-1 tbsp +1 tsp vitafiber syrup(20g) (This helps a ton with getting the dough to stick together properly! You can try making it without by adding a bit more butter but I cannot vouch for the results)
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-3/4 cup +2tbsp(98g) almond flour
-1/2 scoop(14g) unflavoured protein
-1 tbsp+ 1 tsp truvia
-1 1/2 tbsp splenda
-1/8 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp xanthan gum
-1/8 tsp salt
-1/2 tbsp butter
-1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-2 tbsp truvia sweetener
(Combine the cinnamon and sweetener in a small bowl)
Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
-1 tbsp coconut oil
-2 tbsp cream cheese
-1 tsp egg white (Pasteurized-Safe at room temperature)
-1/8 tsp vanilla extract
-2 or 2 1/2 tbsp splenda
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Stir in the wet ingredients until a dough forms (it will start out dry but do not add more liquid just yet because it firms up a lot!)
- Form dough into a log, cover with saran wrap or parchment and place in the fridge for 20min.
- Take out the dough and roll it into a small rectangle on parchment paper. (Don't roll your dough too thin).
- Next Brush the dough with 1/2 tbsp of butter and sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the dough (I only added a small bit but I think it would be great with more!).
- Roll the dough from one of the short ends to the other. Don't be too concerned if the dough cracks, for me it was more like folding then rolling but I just made sure to press all the dough together at the end.
- Next press the dough into a small rectangular, block-like shape (You can choose how big to make it based on how many cookies you want, I made mine quite small so each cookie was a decent size)
- Wrap the dough in saran wrap or parchment and place back in the fridge for another 20min.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350* and make the frosting during this time by combining the cream cheese and coconut oil, microwaving for 25-30 seconds, then stirring in the egg white, vanilla and splenda until smooth.
- Take out your dough and cut it into 7 slices. Place each one on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven when they are lightly browned on the bottom and also lightly browned on some of the edges. (They may still seem a little soft but they will set!)
- Leave them on the baking sheet for another 5-10 minutes to finish baking and setting.
- Place the cookies on a plate and drizzle/spread with cream cheese frosting. And that's it! Enjoy!
(Note: You can add milk to the frosting if you'd like it to be drizzled on or leave it as is. I preferred it thicker just slathered on the cookie!!)
Nutrition with frosting: 172 calories | 16g fat | 1.6g NET carbs | 5.5g protein
75 Best Keto Cookie Recipes – TheDietBlogger.com
Tuesday 13th of October 2020
[…] Cinnabon Keto Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting – Mouthwatering Motivation […]
40+ Easy Keto Cookies – Edible Crafts
Saturday 18th of July 2020
[…] Cinnabon Keto Cookies w/ Cream Cheese Frosting […]
Friday 11th of October 2019
Question, why all the different sweeteners, I only have monk fruit. I can powder some, but will that work?
Thursday 17th of October 2019
Yes! I actually have switched over to using monkfruit more often. I used to just like the truvia/splenda combo in the past but monkfruit is a great substitute.
27 Jaw Dropping Keto Copycat Recipes You Have To See To Believe | Word To Your Mother Blog | Word To Your Mother
Sunday 30th of June 2019
[…] Cinnabon Keto Cookies […]
Thursday 20th of December 2018
Hi these look delicious! How many does it make?