- 1/4 cup+1tsp egg whites
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp unflavoured whey protein (Quest is great)
- 2 tsp psyllium husk
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- Seasonings(optional but recommended):
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp splenda
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy
- Stir egg whites and water into the dry mixture.
- It should be a wet dough but not very sticky.
- *Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using your hands, flatten the dough into a circular shape.
- I made mine quite thin as it rises slightly in the oven! (see before I added toppings)
- **Bake for 5-8min or until crisp to your liking.
- ***Remove from oven and top with desired toppings.
- Place bake in the oven until toppings are warm/cheese is melted. (I put my oven on broil near the end)
*I tried baking directly on the pan and while it gives it a nice brown crust, it stuck to the pan quite a bit. If you oil the pan VERY well than this might be a better option for a crispy crust.
**I baked mine less as I like my crust a little soft, bake it longer or try broiling it for a more crisp crust.
***I topped mine with 1/4 cup low-carb tomato-basil sauce, mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, sautéed garlic mushrooms, peppers and olives.
Per Crust: 4F/1.5C(NET)/16P & 3.5g fibre
Follow: @sammysamgirl for more!