Double-Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
- 1/2 cup(60g) almond flour
- 1/3 cup(32g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup(60g) vitafiber powder
- 1/4 cup(35g) cellucor molten whey
- 1 tbsp(8g) vital wheat gluten OR 1/4 tsp xanthan gum for G.F
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp(30g) butter softened
- 2 tbsp(30g) mashed avocado OR mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3oz(85ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp(37g) 14% sour cream OR Fat-free Greek Yogurt
- 3 1/2 tbsp splenda
- 2 tbsp+1tsp truvia (or use desired sweetener to taste)
- 1 1/2 tbsp(21g) sugar-free choc chips**NOTE-You can use more, this is just all I had!Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients except sweeteners.
- In another medium bowl, whip together the butter, sweeteners, vanilla and avocado(I just used a fork).
- Whisk the sour cream and the egg into the butter mixture.
- Next combine with wet and the dry ingredients and add in your almond milk.
- Stir just until smooth and well combined, adjust sweeter if needed.
- Use a muffin scooper to scoop the batter into 6 tins lined with wrappers sprayed with oil.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-27min or until a toothpick just comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire-rack before eating (Or be impatient like me and eat them straight out of the oven…lol)
- (These are also great the next day!)
Per Muffin: 12F/5C(NET)/9P & 13g Fibre
*Note macros will be altered if using lower-fat or gluten-free options.
Follow: @sammysamgirl for more!